Hi!

Thread: Hi!

Debbie S. is offline Senior Member

DefaultHi!

Just now discovering this wonderful forum...I'm Debbie, we are down to one dog right now, our 9 year old black lab Katie. We lost our 7 1/2 yr old Rough Tri-Color Collie to sudden kidney failure last year...during this same time we did some blood work on Katie and discovered she was very sick, she had a low red blood cell count, so she went back into the vet right away and got on predisone, which she is on a low life time dosage....we also found out a couple of days later that she also had valley fever (there was some construction a couple of blocks away, and we are pretty sure that caused spores to become airborne) She is one tough dog though, as she acted totally normal the whole time....my vet was amazed that she was even standing...the bad thing is if she ever acts sick, I will know we are in big trouble. She is now off of her valley fever meds, and doing great. We are thinking of adding another dog by the end of the year....have my name on a breeders list for an Australian Shepherd puppy..so we shall see if the breeding takes in August...
    I have a husband, Steve, and we have 2 boys, Justin 19, and going to Boston University, and Ryan 15 who is in high school...We also have 7 birds, a bunny and 2 frogs....and I have a full-time job....so I keep busy....
    Anyway, look forward to spending a little of my spare time here..this looks like a really nice forum!
    Debbie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SirFergus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi!

Hi Debbie!! Welcome to the forum

Sarah & Fergus
    British Columbia
    Canada

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi!

Welcome Debbie and Katie! I´m looking forward to see pictures om Katie here at the forum, soon!!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/