New to Forum and Labs...Dallas, TX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Forum and Labs...Dallas, TX

sharper is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew to Forum and Labs...Dallas, TX

Hey everyone!* My name is Stephanie and I am from Dallas, TX.* I have 3 dogs.* 1-Boston Terrier (Jaymie), 1-Cocker Spaniel mix (Sadie), and 1-Black Lab mix (Tex).* As much as I enjoy chatting on the Boston Terrier boards, I wanted to also join a Lab forum for any info that I might need.
    We just got Tex unexpectantly and we've had him for almost 3 weeks now.* He is approx 11-12 weeks old.* I was pulling out of the parking garage at my apartments and saw a man parked across the street.* He tossed Tex out of his car, and as soon as he saw me saw him do it, he slammed the door and peeled off down the road.*
    I had no intentions of keeping him because our apartment complex has a 2-dog max rule.* But I took him in and cared for him till I could find him a home.* He was in terrible shape when I found him.* He crawled under a bush in the shade, and as I approached him he weakly walked up to me.* He was about 8 weeks old and what a terrible life his 8 weeks must of been.* He was really malnutrioned and his ribs, spine and hip bones all stuck out like a skeleton.* I thought there was something odd with his fur, so I knealt down to get a closer look, and discovered it was really just fleas crawling in and out of his fur.* They were in his eyes and coming out of his nose.* He was so anemic that while I was giving him his first bath,* he fell asleep, and I kept having to hold him up so he wouldn't go under the water.* It took hours to get all of the fleas off of him.* And we spot treated our dogs too just in case.
    He ate and drank alot, but mostly slept the whole first week.* He was so skinny that he gained 4 lbs in the first week!* Now his energy and personality is bubbling.* The apartment manager was touched by Tex's story and accepted our request to let him stay since I tried for 2 weeks to find him a new home.* So he is finally part of our family.* He went to the vet and got his first shots and dewormed last weekend.* And the vet said he seemed fine accept that he has really knobby knees or ankles which is from the malnutrion.* It doesn' t seem to bother him, but it may when he is older.* He's been absolutely wonderful to have!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New to Forum and Labs...Dallas, TX

Welcome to J.L.

What a sad story, with such a lovely ending. Good on you for looking after the beautiful wee guy. I can never understand how people can be so cruel.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and we see lots more of Tex.

Chris and Ernie.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

SirFergus is offline Senior Member

What an awful story....I can't believe there are people out in the world like that. What a blessing for Tex that you happened to be in the right place at the right time, it sounds like he has found a wonderful family and some great friends to live with! I'm looking forward to watching him grow and hearing lots of fun stories!! Take Care...

Sarah & Fergus

Sarah & Fergus
    British Columbia
    Canada

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Welcome to you and Tex. What a great home Tex will have with you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ConDarMom is offline Junior Member

What a lil darlin'. He's very fortunate to have such a loving family. He will add so much to your life!

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Thank goodness for little labs

jakeandmaddysmom Guest

Bless you for saving him, he is so cute, how anyone could treat a sweetie like that so bad I will never understand. :'( Glad to see he found lots of love and I'm sure he'll do great. We are fairly new too, and there is alot of great info on this site. Welcome!

Barnsley is offline Senior Member

Welcome,
    Bless you for your kind heart. That is a most precious picture and it looks professional!
    <br />Barnsley &amp; Lilly from Okinawa, Japan

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Welcome to JL!!

That was such a sad story, but it has a happy ending.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

clancey canuck Guest

Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada. So glad you were there to help Tex

Sheila is offline Senior Member

What a blessing you were there and able to take in that sweet boy.

Welcome to the forum.
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast