Sho-Me-Labs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sho-Me-Labs

bogeysmom is offline Junior Member

DefaultSho-Me-Labs

We got our Bogey almost 13 years ago from a breeder in Lake of the Ozarks, MO. Her labs were called Sho-me-labs since they were from the Sho-me state of Missouri. Has anyone else had a sho-me-lab? I just want to say that Bogey has been a wonderful dog and pet. I don't know if the breeder is still in business but she was so great to work with. If anyone knows of this breeder, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Bogey's Mom

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sho-Me-Labs

I live in N.Z. so don't know the breeder. Just wanted to say welcome to J.L from Chris and Ernie.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

JMCARTERRPH is offline Junior Member

I just joined the forum group and saw your message about Sho-Me-Labs. Do not know if they are still in
    business but this is the last address I had for them.
    Sho-Me-Labradors
    Steve and Sandy Koslowski
    Rt. 1 Box 194
    St. James, Missouri 65559
    I also had a black lab from their kennel which I thought was a great dog. Black Jack Kody of Chapparel out of Sunneybrook Acres Kodiak and Sunneybrook Acres Frosty Morn. Kody was a wonderful companion dog loving his family
    and all the kids in the neighborhood. He lived a long happly life unitl his hips finally gave out at about 12 years
    I am now owned by a Great Dane named Chapparal's Stormy Sky and have been into Danes for the past few years
    but still keep an interest in Labs. If you find out about the Sho-Me-Lab kennel please post. Would be interested in
    hearing any news.
    Thanks JMCarterRph

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board.

DakotasMom Guest

Welcome to the Lab Forum! ;D

maria is offline Junior Member

Just joined the forum...

After 13.5 wonderful years, I recently lost my beautiful yellow lab from Sho-Me Labs. Woody was beautiful, extremely smart, and so sweet. He was the spitting image of his grandfather CH Sandylands Rip Van Winkle. Couldn't ask for a better family member.

I know that Sho-Me Labs are still in business...a neighbor got one from there about a year ago.

My only hesitation with going back to Sho-Me (when I'm ready for a lab puppy) would be health issues. Woody had allergies causing hot spots (especially in the summer) throughout his life. Anyone know if that's just a typical lab problem, especially in St. Louis? Also, his back legs just lost power due do arthritis. Also hypothyroid causing him to be overweight. Maybe this is normal stuff that you just have to deal with. Any thoughts?

Sorry for your loss!!! We had to put Cheyenne down last yr, at 11yrs. But we now have Riley to keep us on our toes!
    From what I understand, hypothyroidism is not as uncommon as one would think (Riley has it and is under control with meds)
    The allergies are also something kind of common, (Riley also has all kinds of allergies)
    We've had Labs before and have never had any kind of medical issues, nothing abnormal, and now with Riley, we've encountered all kinds of problems!
    I think breeding plays a big part of health problems, but there's some measure of "luck of the draw"
    I wouldn't let the fear of health problems deter you from enjoying another Lab, especially if its coming from Sho-Me-Labs...Good breeder from what I hear!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Drach1234 is offline Junior Member

We just picked up our 3rd Lab from Sho-Me Labradors in Nov 06.  Here are the particulars:  Sandy Kozlowski; 17701 State Route U; St. James, MO 65559 -
    Phone 573-265-7517 -- she has been breeding since 1982.  Sho-Me Labs is off Highway 44 just east of St. James, MO - a nice small town known for it's wineries and restaurants.  Sandy doesn't have a website yet, but is working on it.

We have been very pleased over the years and she was originally recommended by our Vet in St. Peters, MO -- Jerry Willenbrink at Pet Pals Animal Hospital.

They also offer a "resort" for pets called "Lakeside K-9 Kamp" that offers shuttle pick up to/from Queeny Park in St. Louis 3 times a week for $25 to St. James.  The "Kamp" offers nature walks, swimming in a 2 acre lake, training, grooming, music 24 hrs/day to calm your dog, etc for $12 - 15 - depending on activities.  The whole complex is 18 acres in size and there are 6 acres fenced in.  It's quite a setup and not limited just to Labs for boarding.  When we were there she also had 6 month old housebroken and semi-trained Labs available for people who don't want to do the puppy thing.  She also sells some Labs to police depts and the border patrol.  We haven't been disappointed, and hope this post helps.    

maria is offline Junior Member

Congrats on getting another Sho-Me lab. I hope to get a lab puppy in the next few months and may go back to Show-Me. Good to see others that are happy with this breeder. As I said in an earlier post, I just want to be sure to get a healthy dog, hopefully without allergies.

One question, if you don't mind me asking, what is your puppy's pedigree?

thanks & good luck,

Maria

Drach1234 is offline Junior Member

We do not have our puppy's (Molly) specific pedigree registry yet, but Sho-Me Labs is mailing it. Recently we put Fudge, our 9 1/2 yr old chocolate down because of a neck injury that degraded into ataxia. We were excited the new puppy was from the same lineage -- the Sire was Nimloth Ultimate Six-Gun and the Dam was Sho-Me's French "Truffles", as far as we can tell at this point. We also have a 13 1/2 year old yellow, Jamie - the Sire was Muskelunge's Majesty and the Dam was Sho-Me's All Gussied Up. (They're just members of our family, regardless of the bloodlines). Jamie did lose an eye when she was 5 years old due to a tumor behind the eye and she is now almost deaf, has slowed down, but still plays fetch. Sometimes during the Fall she has allergies that act up and we medicate her paws. Fudge did not have any allergies ever, nor any health issues except for the injury. All the parents of all the puppies had an OFA that was excellent and all eyes were cleared, but our Vet said the eye loss for our yellow was not uncommon for retrievers and related breeds (5% odds). It truly is luck of the draw sometimes when it come to health issues in dogs - same way with their owners. We hope our new puppy Molly lives a long healthy life and we'll do what we can to make it happen. Take care - Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast