New here

Thread: New here

Blab2016 is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew here

This is my 3rd and final attempt to post here.

I got a female Black Lab about a year ago. She was rescuefrom an older lady who found her wondering in a parking lot.
    She has been abused and was not at the correct weight when I first got her. She has since got toa normal weight for a female lab her size and is very hyper at times. She loves going outside to run around the yard,hopping around like a rabbit. It wasn't always that way with her.
    Any loud noise would make her run and hide and she has been hit on. There are still certain things that will trigger her to run and hide.
    But she has gotten much better since I have had time and a lot of patience with her. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and of the 3 dogs I have,she is the only one I can trust to be around complete strangers and not try to attack and bite them. I'm not sure how old she is,the vet guessed her age to be 2-3 years old.
    I'm very glad I was able to give her a home and it's been a learning experience for me since I have never had a lab in the past.
    I've always had smaller ankle biters lol. I'd like to get her a playmate but sice I have 2 other dogs who are 8 and 10 years old,I don't want to get overwhelmed and unable to pay attention to each dog. The lab is very jealous of the other 2 and will try to push them out of the way with her back to get all the attention. She whines a certain way when she wants something. There are 3 things that she will whine for. 1 is when she has to go out. 2 is when she wants fed and 3 is when she wants water. She has a different sound to each one which I have learned. She is one of the smartest dogs I have been around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Blab2016 is offline Junior Member

One thing I forgot. This isa question for anyone who knowsabout the breed. Midnight,my lab, is a black lab but if the light hits her just right,there are spots that look like she has brown spots on her like a chocolate lab. Same coloras a chocolate lab. Is that possible? I found it a bit strange and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me,but my daughter has seen this in her coat as well.