My 14.33 year old Lab Chance passed away last month

Thread: My 14.33 year old Lab Chance passed away last month

Dwb0102 is offline Junior Member

DefaultMy 14.33 year old Lab Chance passed away last month

He had laryngeal paralysis. If you have t heard of it please educate yourself because labs seem to get it a lot. I miss my boy every day so much. It causes my physical pain. I have been writing about him I love and now in death since 2010. Please check out my blog at www.mybigorangedogblog.wordpress.com if interested. I promise you will both laugh and cry about me living in NYC with 100 lb yellow lab. It's my tribute to him.

D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lovingly1 is offline Member

Dwb0102, so sorry that you lost your Chance. We lost our 16 y/o German Shepherd in late Dec. and we were devastated. He was with us all his life and our lives had become meshed. He was a clown but also very helpful to us on many occasions. He'd carry his Kong toy everywhere and before we went outside every day he had to find it. Even in old age he would scramble about looking at all of his usual places ... a charming giant of a dog.

So. We knew we would get another dog and we spent some time searching for another dog and found a beautiful lab puppy. It is not a replacement and it does not erase the painful memory but it sure cheers us up. I strongly urge you to get another dog, and not to wait to do it. In fact begin your search. You can always take your time in selecting a new dog friend but even just the search will help you.

Good luck.

lovingly1 is offline Member

BTW looked at your web page tribute to Chance. Its clear he meant a lot to you. It's astonishing just how much of our time is shared with dogs we live with and that they impact our feelings so much. It's good to remember the good stuff when we are sad. It doesn't take the pain away but it does make us smile occasionally and that's something.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Annabellam is offline Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't heard about the condition but will check it out.. Good to know that you are writing as it is some form of useful therapy. You could also get something to remind your dog. I got a personalized pet urn when my first dog died and i have kept it in the house ever since. I know how it feels to loose a pet but do not worry you'll be okay. You could also get another pet. I t wont replace it but will ease the pain.

Love my Black Lab is offline Junior Member

DefaultYou can never replace what you have lost!

Oh, I so agree! We lost our handsome Max on August 1, 2014 I was devastated; my husband tried to console me but there was no bringing my Max back. It was hard watching him decline knowing it would be any day. I created this Tribute and have it as part of my personal signature. It wasn't long before my husband got on line to find a Lab breeder in our area and by Christmas 2014 we had bought our Bear-cub home.%22Bear with Bear%22 12:14 copy.jpg. No you can never replace what you have lost but when I look into Bear's eyes I remember Max.