New to the Forum--This is my boy!

Thread: New to the Forum--This is my boy!

Alyssa&Willy is offline Junior Member

Red faceNew to the Forum--This is my boy!

Hello!
    This is my first time on the forum.
    I am 19 years old and have always owned labs growing up. When I made the decision to move out on my own 6 months ago, and make a 2,000 mile move to follow a life long dream, I knew I didn't want to be alone. I am a PTSD survivor and the thought of living alone seemed like a sad endeavor. So despite everyone telling me that having a dog in college was a financial, moral, and logical mistake I ignored them. I had a job training lab puppies for a local breeder at the time and one little chicken nugget in the group of over 200 dogs stood out to me. He was the biggest in his litter but picked on by all. Now, my Willy and I live on a small island in the Florida Keys and we prove all the neigh-sayers wrong daily. He is healthy, happy, 10 month old weighing in at 80 lbs and growing (don't tell him though. He still thinks he is that chicken nugget I brought home that first day. Still sleeps on top of me and runs away from small dogs). He has made my life so much easier, and my struggles so much less. In return I give him the best life I can with weekly beach trips and walks on the 7 mile bridge.

I made this account to brag on my gorgeous man and share our adventures together! Share pictures and stories of your fur babies--I'd love to see them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BearBen is offline Junior Member

Hey there! He is very handsome!! Wow, 10 months and weighs 80 pounds already!!!!!! My lab is an year and weighs 65 pounds. I only had him for 3 weeks now. How much do you feed him? I am very new to having a lab. I don't know if I am feeding him less or too much. I feed him twice a day. I always keep him a large bowl of clean water and a small stainless steel bowl of food twice a day. Happy that you didn't have to live alone and you proved everyone wrong! Way to go!!