Hello from Cleveland Ohio area!

Thread: Hello from Cleveland Ohio area!

DefaultHello from Cleveland Ohio area!

Hello from Ohio, I would like to introduce myself and my family. I was a member of this forum about 4 years ago when we adopted our first lab (Kayla). She was 4 months old when we rescued her from the pound. She was a sick baby and it took about 2 months just to get her healthy. She has been a wonderful dog (with a few lingering rescue issues). At the time that I was a member of forum before, we also owned a border collie mix. He passed away about 1 1/2 years ago.

Ever since Sammy passed away, we wanted to get another puppy. My husband really likes labs and wanted another one, but I didn't really want such a big dog for our second. I was aiming more for our border collie size. We ran across our new puppy in the paper and went to see him. He was so cute and we decided to take him.

Our new one is a lab corgi mix. I know it sounds crazy!! He was a little oopsie from a purebred corgi (mom) and purebred lab (dad). The vet seems to think that he looks more like a lab, but he is going to have short little legs. He'll be interested to watch grow up, that's for sure.

The puppy is 8 weeks old and I am hoping for some advice from members of the forum. You were all so helpful with our first puppy adventure! I haven't had a puppy this small for about 18 years! I'm a little perplexed at some of the behaviors and need to know if they are just puppy related, or something foreboding of trouble to come. I am going to post some on other threads. I am looking forward to you insight!

[IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome back - your new pup is adorable

sarah is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! What a cutie!!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia