Hey y'all!!!

Thread: Hey y'all!!!

Dawna79 is offline Junior Member

DefaultHey y'all!!!

I adopted a 1yr old chocolate lab 3 months ago and she is awesome!! Very happy I've found this forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Hey Dawna79, Congrats! Sounds like she's perfect for your family. Look forward to hearing more about your pup! How about some pics?

KAZ

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting the pics! Stunning! Love chocolates. Cute flower collar. Love the first pic. Looks like a tired lab who had a great time in the water. Plus you did too with the kayak. What a lovely day it must have been.

KAZ

She is absolutely wonderful!! We love her so much. She is so so smart and we have *almost* broken her of all the bad habits she was taught in her previous home. All of the aggression they said she had is gone. We couldn't of been luckier. She has a few health issues, skin allergies and we are on our second ear infection so I would love to be able to post and ask questions in the appropriate places... But I guess that's not permitted until I've reached my post quota?

image.jpg

This was her first trip out with the kayaks!! She had SO much fun with it and did great other then her trying to jump out once we got out in the middle of the lake.... Lol

Sounds like the previous owners had no clue what they really had in her. She sounds like she fits your family like a glove and I say this because you were able to turn her around, get rid of bad habits learned and are now moving forward teaching her thing she is showing she loves.

Skin allergies, not a big deal. When you get to a certain post count, ask about food. I have changed my pup to a grain-free kibble, but has yeast in it which can cause allergies in dogs. Thankfully he's doing so well on it. Also have you given cod fish skins or salmon skins? My pup loves them and the oils help his skin.

Ear infections, not a big deal either. You will just have to be diligent in ear checks. Your pup loves the water and with those floppy ears, air doesn't get in to help dry which then brings on possible infections.

KAZ

BirdMan is offline Member

Congrats!