Just got a 5 week old puppy chocolate Lab !

Thread: Just got a 5 week old puppy chocolate Lab !

Batuki64 is offline Junior Member

DefaultJust got a 5 week old puppy chocolate Lab !

I am new to the forum does anyone know how much I should be feeding her and how often? THE PACKAGE from buffalo blue says mature weight in poundsshould I go by that? How much will be her matute weight 51-100 lb or 21-50?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

I don't know what you feed a 5 week old because they are really supposed to be with Mom. This is the start of weaning stage and being with their siblings is so important.

Sorry can't help. Hope a breeder will help you as that pup is just a bit too young. I really don't know. I feel a pup shouldn't be taken to his forever home until atleast 8 weeks old. But that's me.

Wishing you luck!

KAZ

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Where'd you get a 5 week old puppy? Too young to be separated from Mom. In fact, you could probably call the police on the breeder, it's illegal in most states to sell a puppy that young.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mauricio is offline Senior Member

again, hope some breeders chime in and who in the world sold you a 5 week old pup. they should be shot.

nicole is offline Senior Member

My 5wk old puppies are eating 1/2-3/4cup kibble soaked in warm water for 10 minutes before serving. I like pro plan puppy or royal canin starter... not a fan of blue.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Hope you can find a similar aged puppy or litter to socialize your pup with. Mine are still nursing mom at that age, and only getting supplemented from me. I have no set amounts as it seems every litter is different. By 8 wks when mine (and most) leave, they are usually eating ~2 - 2.5 cups total per day split in 4 meals.

Agree w/ reporting the breeder. Shooting may not result in the best consequences,but I certainly understand the sentiment.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Understand the sentiment too! Not OP's fault but I would definitely report the breeder. Not just with the authorities, but if he's connect to a reputable Lab club, or AKC registered, I'd give them a little shout out about it too.

Not being mean, but there are rules and there are reasons for these rules. And this breeder should know this, if not the OP. This is what gives reputable breeders a bad name, when other breeders break the rule and should know better.

KAZ

BTW, only time I would say "don't shoot" is when it's a reputable breeder working with another reputable breeder.

When it comes to selling to pet people, definitely red flags, fireworks, gun shots in the air, arrows, pitchforks, etc.

KAZ