New to Forum!!!

Thread: New to Forum!!!

DefaultNew to Forum!!!

My name is Megan, I am doggy mom to a 8 month old register lab! He is 3/4 English lab and 1/4 American. Yet he looks more like an American! I am partial to fox red labs but I have never owned one.

In June 2013 my boyfriend and I got a lab puppy named Pete!!! He was my world, best dog I have ever owned! Smart, out going and eager to please!!! In august 2013 my world came crashing down when I was on my way home from work I got a phone call, Pete was hit by a car in our drive way, killed my baby on contact. Till this day he will never be replaced, the love I have for him grows stronger every day!
    RIP Petey Pie

Now on to the new baby, it's been a rocky start!! Buster Brown was born on January 26, 2014! We brought him home in march! From the get go my love for him was strong, I was eager to teach him and train him! My plans for him are a Companion, Family member, and hunting buddy!! He's a good dog just his attention span is short real short!! But we are working on everything!!! One day at a time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Hey Megan, Lovely baby you got there. And know all about the short attention spans of Labs. My 13 weeks is growing a bit each day since bringing him home at 8 weeks. Keeping a routine as best we can, working with him every day, attention span is growing. But also the "selective hearing" is starting to show. Working with that as well, lol.

8 months old, oh that teenager time! Stay strong, be consistent, show patience, but be stern. You and the baby will be just fine. Don't give up! You have great goals for this pup. There will be days that they don't even remember your name, but there will be days (oh glory days) where massive concentration occurs. That's when you really work and you get a big reward! And that little pup will be so happy that he's made you happy. Labs are like that. Stubborn, but there to please. Wonderful breed. Still learning about ours. Loving every minute of it, even in the frustrating times. I didn't think anything in the canine family that could out concentrate a Kuvacz. I found it's competitor. It's called a Lab. What a beautiful animal. And so proud to call him ours.

KAZ

Oh yes patients is key with labs holy smokes!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

There's really no "1/4 this, 3/4 that". He's a Lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster_Brown View Post
    Oh yes patients is key with labs holy smokes!!
    I think patience is needed with any breed of dog, but with a Lab, lots of energy, lots of "me" time, and if bored will find something else to occupy his/her time, and it's usually not something you would want them to do, lol.

But finding such a sweet, intelligent, lovely pup in this Lab. Just "over the moon".

KAZ

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbelly View Post
    There's really no "1/4 this, 3/4 that". He's a Lab.
    lol, makes me think of being yelled at when I won't say 1/4 German, 3/4 Irish, but actually an American!

Megan, you will find that there are differences in Field labs and Show competition labs. I think you got yourself a Sweet boy. Don't worry about the percentages.

KAZ

I'm not worried about %s at all I just wanted to give a background on he blood lines! And yes he is a lab and as an experienced lab owner ( growing up all we had were labs of every color, and bloodline) he is more field bred! Hence the energy difference and drive he has to hunt! So to me it's not about the % just his history was all I was getting at!