Thread: Newbie

Bill F. is offline Junior Member

DefaultNewbie

My wife & I are the proud owners of two 5 month old Lab puppies. Zoe is a black female and Ruger is a yellow male. They are not litter mates but did come from the same male. They are three days apart in age. Ruger now out weighs his 1/2 sister by 18 lbs. At 5 1/2 months old he weighs 60 lbs. and not an ounce of fat on him! Anybody have any idea of just how big this dude is gonna get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Hi Bill, Congratulations on being the proud owner of two 5 month old lab puppies. You are more courageous than myself, lol. Do want two but doing it one at a time. Waiting for my boy to reach 2-3 years old to then bring in a new Lab pup.

Looking through the threads here regarding weight, found this.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/t...ght-chart.html

Sounds like you have a big boy! And keeping him slim and trim, good for you!

KAZ

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

I would google what training is required of training 2 puppies at the same time. More important that worrying about the size of the male.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Just make sure you train them individually. Some kind of think --- train one dog and that one dog will train the other to the house hold rules.

Give them each their time with you during training. Both will love that they get your "undivided attention", something Labs just love. Being center of attention.

KAZ

Bill F. is offline Junior Member

DOGS.jpg
    Ruger at 5 months

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

that is pretty big for six months. but depends on the lines. You may want to look at making sure yo udon't have a food that promotes growth (I think puppy foods promote grown which you do not want if he's growing fast already).

Definitely look into how to properly raise two puppies even if they are not littermates. Remember to train and socialize separate and not treat them like a duo (separate crates, separate time bonding with you).

Love my Black Lab is offline Junior Member

Is is an American or English. I have had them both and while our American labs have always been in the 75-85 range and tall and lean. My current is an English he is much stockier with broad face weighing in at 16 months at 95 pounds. We only saw the mother who was not that big, but we did see his cousin from same father, who was very tall and came in closer to 100 pounds. Best to see the parents or talk to the breeder. Love your labs as I love mine.