New Member from Memphis
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member from Memphis

db09jku is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew Member from Memphis

Hey guys, new member from Memphis, TN, and a new owner of a Yellow Lap puppy! Her dad was a Fox Red Yellow and her mother was a light yellow. The 2 girls in the litter were both fox red and the boys were all yellow. Her name is Sadie and she is 4 and a half months (19 weeks) old. I'm using the Book "Game Dog" for my primary training book. She is an inside dog, but given every opportunity to go outside and play. I work out of the house, so she is with me all day, with only limited periods of time during the day by herself in the kennel. She sleeps in a Kennel. We are currently working on whistle training for sit and come, but I've been lazy. She is fully house trained, likes to play fetch, loves the water. Not only retrieves in the water, but will jump off the side into the water. Very strong swimmer.

IMG_6009.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

image.jpg

Not sure why this is coming in sideways. Posted from an iPhone.

Another pic of Sadie. 5 months oldimage.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wow, started three threads, Intro, a vid of my girl playing with a German Shepard and a warning on a chew toy that got dangerous and no responses at all. Oh well.

mauricio is offline Senior Member

hi and welcome.
    there are times the board is slower than others, so don't feel neglected.

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by db09jku View Post
    Hey guys, new member from Memphis, TN, and a new owner of a Yellow Lap puppy! Her dad was a Fox Red Yellow and her mother was a light yellow. The 2 girls in the litter were both fox red and the boys were all yellow. Her name is Sadie and she is 4 and a half months (19 weeks) old. I'm using the Book "Game Dog" for my primary training book. She is an inside dog, but given every opportunity to go outside and play. I work out of the house, so she is with me all day, with only limited periods of time during the day by herself in the kennel. She sleeps in a Kennel. We are currently working on whistle training for sit and come, but I've been lazy. She is fully house trained, likes to play fetch, loves the water. Not only retrieves in the water, but will jump off the side into the water. Very strong swimmer.

IMG_6009.jpg
    Hi, newish member myself. Sorry missed your posts. Absolutely lovely Girl. My boy will be 16 weeks old on Thursday. Think it's awesome your pup gets to go swimming. We have a small kiddie pool right now but pup really isn't interested. Hoping once he has all his shots we can take him somewhere to see if he really loves the water. Hope so.

Will look for your chew toy thread. Keeping with antlers and nylon bones for my boy. Used to give rawhide to my previous dogs but kind of backing away on that. Haven't had any problems with the chew. Actually my husband was giving apple branches (hard wood) for our bunnies. Good for their teeth. Pup loves it.

Don't know why it's slow here. But sometimes new members like us sign up after some kind of blow up has happened here and have no knowledge why this site has become slow. Have seen it happen on other types of forums.

Anyway. Hope you post more about your Girl.

KAZ

Lol, I know. just was a little shocked. We bought a kiddy pool for our girl as well, she showed little interest. Got to the lake and I got in there first. She came to me of course, I went further out to where she would be barely off the ground, and put my hand under her for support, she started swimming. Went out a little further, I was standing at this point, with water up to my chest, and she was still swimming with my support hand under her on her belly. Then she leveled out on her own, and was gone! She has been swimming strong ever since!

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by db09jku View Post
    Lol, I know. just was a little shocked. We bought a kiddy pool for our girl as well, she showed little interest. Got to the lake and I got in there first. She came to me of course, I went further out to where she would be barely off the ground, and put my hand under her for support, she started swimming. Went out a little further, I was standing at this point, with water up to my chest, and she was still swimming with my support hand under her on her belly. Then she leveled out on her own, and was gone! She has been swimming strong ever since!
    That's just awesome. Pools are cool but lakes are so much better. Good for her. Really good exercise for you pup.

KAZ

lorilu61 is offline Junior Member
    Indiana and Oklahoma....depends on the week

Welcome! Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I also work from at home and have been with my sweet boy Edsel, black and 7 months, nearly night and day since bringing him home at 9 weeks. Your girl is adorable! Did I miss her name? My boy is a water freak too. We live within a mile of a large state reservoir in southern Indiana and I just had him at the beach yesterday evening. Have to drag him away to get him to stop. They just look so happy in the water. It makes me laugh everytime we go.

Lori

Yellowdex is offline Junior Member

She looks a lot like my yellow lab. He's 7 1/2 months. I posted a picture a few threads back. I'd post the picture here but every time I post a picture it takes 3-5 days to show up. I live a half block from a lake and he loves to swim. He was unsure about it at first but then we took him with other dogs that love the water and he joined in and caught on quickly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast