Hi! I'm new here, too, and LOVE labs!

Thread: Hi! I'm new here, too, and LOVE labs!

Susanne is offline Junior Member

Red faceHi! I'm new here, too, and LOVE labs!

Nice to find this forum. Haven't looked around yet, but anxious to find what's here. I belong to another great forum "Dogsnharmony.com/community, which is great. So, I'm really looking forward to this one.

I owned a chocolate lab, Buster...... my best friend for 14 3/4 years. He passed away 3/17/2012, and was one of those "once-in-a-lifetime" dogs. Well, I tried to to the 'right' thing after he was gone, and adopted a 'lab mix' from the shelter. She was about 3 months old, hadn't been abused (she wasn't scared)....but, she didn't like to associated with people! She loved our little terrier, but could have cared less about us. I have worked with her now for
    2 1/2 years now, and she finally has a decent recall, and 'puts up' with touching. She trains well otherwise..... Well, now she's a member of our pack, but not the one I wanted.

I'm disabled with a chronic illness that keeps me pretty much housebound, and need a companion dog, which she will never be. SO, even though I'm a little concerned about having three dogs, I'm hoping to get another chocolate lab puppy at the end of October. I've been passing up several litters at this kennel now over a year, waiting for 'Lucy', the lab mix, to get better trained so she didn't "run over" the puppy with all her ENTHUSIASM!

SO, I'm off to get another lab, with the hopes of having that companion I want so badly. I trained my last one, and am looking forward to training this one. It'll be another male.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and finding about all of you & your labs & experiences.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dukes is offline Junior Member

Hi, Nice to meet you Susanne. I am also new to the forums here. Sorry to hear of your Loss of Buster. I know that was and still
    is a difficult subject. Good luck with your search.

dinkypeabody is offline Junior Member

Hi Susanne,

I'm new too! I am sorry to hear about Buster and I know what you mean about the "once in a lifetime" dog. Our very first lab, Kozar, was that kind of dog; the one you never forget, the one you will compare all other dogs to, and the one that you make you tear up every time you talk about them no matter how long it's been. But, on the bright side, labs are so lovable that when you get another, that lab will have qualities that you will think are so great and you'll love that one for who he/she is.

Good luck with finding another, it will be so worth it in the end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Susanne is offline Junior Member

Thanks, dinky! that's really nice.