New to the Site

Thread: New to the Site

asejes2002 is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew to the Site

Axel 1.jpgaxel.jpg

Hello, My name is Jessica and this is my Chocolate Lab Axel. It is a very amazing story how we came into each others life. I always wanted a chocolate lab. I have done my homework researching the bread for over a year. Kevin and I had just started dating, one of the things I was always up front about is that I wanted a chocolate lab and a house. Well it has been almost two years and we have bought the house,and Axel just had his first birthday.
    I was very busy last year I was working a full time job and also attending fire academy. I knew we would have to wait to get a puppy. Specially a Lab puppy, as you are all aware all the energy they have. A opportunity came open that a litter would be available right after I graduated. I was so excited. I went to see them and picked out my little man. I actually picked him because he was the smallest male and he stuck his tongue out when he slept. Picking the smallest got me in trouble. He is now this biggest of that litter at 120 lbs, But wouldn't change my pick if I had to do it again. After my Saturday class I got to go see him every week and watch him grow. They grow up so fast. I cant even remember him as a puppy. My final practical exam was on July 27, So we were bringing him home on July 28. I think I was more excited for him to come home than passing my Practical exam.
    The most memorable part about bring Axel home that day was when Kevin and I were laying on the floor playing with Axel, Kevin pulled a box out of his pocket and asked if this was a perfect day. I said "yes" then he opened the box and asked me to marry him. Which of course I said "yes" and Axel has been here every step of the way.
    This is my first lab, Like I said before I have done my homework on the breed. They are very smart. Have unconditional love. Very high energy, and very playfull.
    I am going to enjoy are very long journey together. He is my sidekick through most things. He is my shadow, he is always by myside.
    Hopefully this was not too long but Had to tell my wonderful story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

foreman is offline Junior Member

Hey and welcome! I really loved your story. I feel it very close to me because me and my girlfriend have been together for a little over 4 years and I am about to pull a similar stunt to the one your Kevin did. I just want to make it special, like in a way that only the two of us would appreciate it to the fullest.
    C ya around!

2dogs0604 is offline Junior Member

He is such a cutie. I had a chocolate lab years ago that looked exactly like him. Mine's name was Cocoa. Original huh? I loved that dog so much. I am now the proud owner of a rat terrior and a new yellow lab 11 week old puppy. Her name is Marlee. I am pretty new to the site.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

Hiya and welcome, Axel is lovely. Your story was great!

Archie is offline Senior Member

Great story!

My soon to be husband proposed on the day our choc lab Archie was born in May of 2013. Archie is now over a year old and we're thrilled with him, and plan to include him in the wedding. Labs make the love in a family even stronger

ebgreen03 is offline Junior Member

Wow, that's a big pup. Most sites like Wikipedia or dogbreedinfo say labs get up to 75 lbs. Mine is only 60 lbs, but I'm pretty sure he's mixed with another breed (just not sure which).

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

Labs can weigh more the 75lbs! I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as a valid source of info.

ebgreen03 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lablover34198 View Post
    Labs can weigh more the 75lbs! I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as a valid source of info.
    Agreed, never by itself, but I'd seen a few other sites that corroborated that stat.

fan of fanboys is offline Senior Member

AKC might be a good source for weight....

And 120lbs is pretty big for a lab

asejes2002 is offline Junior Member

Axel is pure Lab. most of his litter mates are smaller than him. He is tall and lean. He is a great addition to our family. I believe he is done growing.