New member from Wisconsin

Thread: New member from Wisconsin

mlmoelle is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew member from Wisconsin

Hi everybody, my name is Max and I have a 5 1/2 year old chocolate lab. She is my best friend and wherever I go, she's always by my side. I take her hunting, fishing, swimming, kayaking, etc. It pays off to spend a lot of time with your dog when they are a pup because now my dog, being more docile, lies down by me wherever I go. She fulfills the quote, "A man's best friend" in every way. Recently, I noticed a golf ball sized bump on her stomach and after getting it diagnosed, they said that it was a fatty tumor. I was glad to hear that it was not cancerous but now a new issue has arose. Within the past few months, I have noticed that her rear left leg is very tight. When I say tight, I mean like rock solid. I didn't think much of it at the time only because I thought it was a sore, swollen muscle (possible from chasing too many squirrels). I tried massaging it a lot and resting her but nothing has helped. We then thought that it was time to get it check out and the quick diagnosis was that there was a growth of some kind. That could be anything from an infection by a spider bit to a cancerous tumor that is spreading. I am a little nervous to find out what really is the problem but I am wondering if any of you can relate to something similar. Can fatty tumors spread throughout the body and cause symptoms such as tight muscles? Can it be diet related? The one good thing is that whatever is wrong, she still acts as if there are no problems. She eats, drinks, and runs like a deer every day. I hate to think that something serious could be happening with my dog but until I get some better answers, I want to know what you guys think. I would really appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Fatty tumors can show up everywhere at once. Or seem like they appear overnight. Sometimes they are squishy, sometimes hard. The vet will need to do a biopsy if they haven't already.

poopypuppy is offline Senior Member

Gracie (2 years old) recently developed one one her right ribcage. My understanding is it's a depository of toxins. Vet said wait a bit before biopsy. It lasted for several weeks - gone now.