Hello everyone 👋 🐶

Thread: Hello everyone 👋 🐶

Idta is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello everyone 👋 🐶

Hi guys. It's great to be here!

This little fella here is our 11 week old pup, Django.

We originally signed up to this forum to seek some help for some behaviour issues and also to meet other labbies! Unfortunately I can't seem to post any threads in the puppy advice section so I will just stick to reading other people's threads for now .

Django is my first lab and mine and my boyfriends first puppy together. I only had experience raising goldens before and didn't realize how much more (dare I say) crazy they would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

welcome and congrats

aww behaviour issues in a baby? I would say just normal puppy stuff. Are there any puppy classes nearby you can take? that would be a great starting point

Thank you! We are doing the petsmart puppy class just for the socialization and basics. I think most of his issues he will outgrow with time. Our biggest concern at the moment is his fear of going outside because during the last couple of days he has become very frightened of car noises and train noises... Poor guy but we're working on it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

I'd talk to a trainer sooner rather than later. this is a VERY key time in his life and you need to help him now or it will be ten times harder in a few months. THe trainer at petsmart may not have lots of experience/training (but you can ask) so I'd recommend asking your vet for trainer references or ask fellow local dog owners, there may be some good trainers and good training schools.

Unfortunately I asked around and the trainers around here are very expensive. The one that was recommended by our vet is about 600 bucks for 6 classes at home. That's too much for us right now .

piperpuppy is offline Senior Member

Your puppy is beautiful! Congrats!

annap24 is offline Junior Member

Congrats on your puppy! I absolutely love black labs.