First time lab owner

Thread: First time lab owner

calilab is offline Junior Member

TalkingFirst time lab owner

Just a short hello from calilab. This is our first lab but we have had other dogs. We currently have a beagle, a coton de tulear, and Montgomery our 12 week yellow lab. He is adorable and living up to the lab reputation. Extremely smart and super goofy. We adore him. Not sure his new brothers are so thrilled but we know they will be best buddies, as soon as Montgomery quits pawing at their faces. Lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cabinlady is offline Junior Member

Labs are the best! We have had 2 and I love beagles too! Good luck!
    Amelia&#39;s pups<br />Ginger born in 1997<br />Sophie born Nov 23, 2006

Sanderling is offline Junior Member

Hi! My cousin puppy sits for a coton de tulear. I'd not heard of them but his name is Baby and he's an adorable little fluff ball! It will be interesting to hear how (s)he does with a full grown lab!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

calilab is offline Junior Member

Thank you! So far the coton is not too thrilled with the new baby. We had a large shep/chow mix but he was almost 14 and we had to put him down last year. So he is used to being around dogs but not an in your face puppy. He pretty much uses avoidance unless that doesn't work and then he proceeds to plan b which is to snarl. The lab seems to be catching on and learning appropriate dog behavior and rules. I have no doubt that once the lab is a little older they will be friends. Him and our other dog were very close. So for right now the beagle and the coton are showing him the ropes. Yes, cotons are big fluffy white balls of fur. We usually keep ours in a puppy cut, too much to deal with when the hair is so long. Plus I think they look cuter. They have wonderful sweet personalities unless there is a giant lab paw in their face. Ha ha

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Hi, enjoying my short experience so far with our Lab, Lilly. Look forward to hearing about Montgomery. What is a coton de tulear? Big fluffy white balls of fur, kind of makes me think of my Kuvacz, our big Ice bear. Lots of long white fur. Definitely interested in how your current dogs are taking the puppy as I'm looking to bring a 2nd dog into our home once Lilly is older. This will be a first.

KAZ