Hello

Thread: Hello

Chocolate Crazy is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello

I have a 4.5 month old Chocolate lab AND two girls 5 and 7 yrs. I have had Labs in the past but it has been a long time since I have had a puppy and I have never had a puppy in addition to children. This seems to bring its own set of big challenges. I have browsed this forum several times before deciding to join. I am having some challenges I believe you may be able to shed some light on. ( I knew there would be challenges, that comes with having a pup, and especially a pup that is full of so much fun loving energy

I have been trying the clicker training method and wondering if any of you have had success with this. My Lab has a strong will and it motivated by rewards, but when there are no rewards she is defiant. Will I need to give her a treat for everything she ever does to get her to respond?

Anyway, looking forward to learning from you as we take this journey.

Tracy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

welcome

have you taken any obedience classes or puppy classes with the puppy?

How are you using the clicker?

Chocolate Crazy is offline Junior Member

I have not found any classes in our area yet. I did purchase Patricia McConnell's book family friendly dog training a 6 week program. I have been using that and watching youtube videos on how to do it.