farmdog to city kid

Thread: farmdog to city kid

zara07 is offline Junior Member

Defaultfarmdog to city kid

IMG_0427.jpg

Hello,

I have a beautiful 10 m/o lab, born on a sml quiet farm. We got her at 3 mos and brought her to the suburbs where we live. This is the third lab we've owned and it's not been a good experience. Really need some help figuring out what to do. She is noise phobic and now doesn't want to go for walks. Unlike our previous labs, she doesn't follow us around or seek our company- unusually independent. Her name is zoe. My family is heartbroken, we really love her. I will post the story on the appropriate forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

Have you done any formal training with her?

zara07 is offline Junior Member

yes. I had a well-regarded trainer come about 8 times and I worked w her regularly. She knows all the basic commands and can retrieve various of her toys from where-ever I hide them. She loves playing w other dogs.
    I had her out front today, sitting together on front porch, when another dog came by. They ultimately played in the backyard, but I noticed when I tried to walk her around back holding the leash, she resisted and tried to go inside. I dropped the leash and she followed me to the backyard. Maybe she's afraid of leashes? Got her neck hurt in the past w choke collar?