8 Year old now getting Novox (Doggie Ibuprofen) and Glucosamine and Chondroitin

Thread: 8 Year old now getting Novox (Doggie Ibuprofen) and Glucosamine and Chondroitin

matt44 is offline Junior Member

Default8 Year old now getting Novox (Doggie Ibuprofen) and Glucosamine and Chondroitin

Hello-

Happy to be here in the forum, this is my first post.

My dog's name is Seamus. He''s 8 and I am just finishing his first bottle of Novox and glucosamine for sore joints, for an increasing unwillingness to jump up and down. He is a 100 pounder, so I can understand. I am trying to keep him a loose and as comfortable as possible and it seems to have helped. That said, the doctor originally started me on a chewable that cost hundreds of dollars. After doing some research, I found a non-chewable that I mix into his food. It goes down every time without a problem. The bottle of pills I have are Novox 100mg caplets in a quantity of 180. The Glucosamine/Chondroitin I have are called Dasuquin made by Nutramax. I'm wondering what, if any, info or experience others have that may be of use; namely types of comparable products and where people are getting them for the best price. I bought my last batch of the pills at a site called valleyvet.com, and they were about $100 mailed to my front door (as opposed to the $300 the vet was selling for the same in chewable). As far as the Glucosamine/Chondroitin, I haven't run out yet but it is also a prescription only, and would drove input from other prior to buying more.
    Best wishes to you and your best buddy.
    -Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Srstewart17 is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    My dog takes Dasuquin.. keep up with that. Unfortunately, one of my labs had to stop taking Novox 100 mg due to having liver disease as a side effect from this med for about 2 years. I have also stopped it with my other lab for I fear he will get liver disease. I'm still reading and learning more about Novox and other meds for joint/pain. I buy it from Wag.com and 1800 Pet Med. I watch for their prices and determine the cheapest price. I believe you're on the right track with Dasuquin.