English Lab Breeder in Massachusetts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English Lab Breeder in Massachusetts

tricky14 is offline Junior Member

DefaultEnglish Lab Breeder in Massachusetts

Hi, I live in Massachusetts and was looking for a good English Lab Breeder. Any suggestions? Willing to travel. Was looking a Endless Mountain but that is a little too far for me. A neighbor recommended Brookstone Labs. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nicole is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend the first breeder you mentioned at all... Brookstone is good. Also look at Breeders Directory and LRCGB: Member Links

Mr Lab man is offline Junior Member

Hi, We live in CT and we purchased our first black lab puppy in 2011 from Endless Mountain and they are not what they are cracked up to be. We ended up getting another puppy from them in Sept 2013 and we lost our puppy within 5 wks to parvo and loaded with worms. They wouldn't do anything and basically put the blame on me, that I was negligent in taking care of my dog, but failed to mention that this was my second puppy from them. We then found another breeder in Ohio, which they were flown in, and not a problem "Heartland Quality Labs" and our Tukker is the mellowist puppy and so beautiful, not to say our Autumn is either but we were very happy with them and 1/2 the cost. There is also another breeder in CT "Barefoot Labs" in Killingworth, CT photo25.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cillovely is offline Senior Member

We got our Lab from Hoof N Paw labradors in Acushnet, MA.
    I know they advertise the infamous "silver" labs which really don't exist, but over all we had a great experince adopting from them. Siren is a happy healthy 1 year old.

Hoof-N-Paw Labrador Retrievers

Also looked into Excalibur Labs also in Acushnet, but they didn't have any puppies when we were ready to get our pup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anyone who breeds dilute colored dogs is not worth recommending, as they're completely irresponsible.... you'd be better off going to a shelter.

tricky14 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lab man View Post
    Hi, We live in CT and we purchased our first black lab puppy in 2011 from Endless Mountain and they are not what they are cracked up to be. We ended up getting another puppy from them in Sept 2013 and we lost our puppy within 5 wks to parvo and loaded with worms. They wouldn't do anything and basically put the blame on me, that I was negligent in taking care of my dog, but failed to mention that this was my second puppy from them. We then found another breeder in Ohio, which they were flown in, and not a problem "Heartland Quality Labs" and our Tukker is the mellowist puppy and so beautiful, not to say our Autumn is either but we were very happy with them and 1/2 the cost. There is also another breeder in CT "Barefoot Labs" in Killingworth, CT photo25.jpg
    Wow I'm surprised because they seem to get such praise from people who have gotten their puppies. I just want to make sure I get a calm dog.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky14 View Post
    Wow I'm surprised because they seem to get such praise from people who have gotten their puppies. I just want to make sure I get a calm dog.
    Why would they post negative comments on their site??

You do realize that calm=trained, right? Yes, labradors can come in a range of energy levels, but even a mellow puppy is going to need proper training so they know what the rules are. Your other option is to buy a trained adult... this way you'll know exactly what you're getting. BUT the price tag is going to reflect the amount of work that went into them.

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

a calm lab puppy?! hahaha. lab puppies are wonderful but they have their demon spawn moments. And they don't mature until they are like 5+ (if that haha).

Labs are wonderful wonderful pets but they take lots and lots of training and daily exercise (age appropriate) to get there.

mauricio is offline Senior Member

and a breeder that advertises silver labs is a no go for me.period.

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

People who sell/market white or silver are not reputable breeders. PERIOD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast