Hello from NJ :)

Thread: Hello from NJ :)

StephandMatt is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from NJ :)

Hey guys! My name is Stephanie (my boyfriend's name is Matt, but I'll be the one posting here pretty much all of the time haha). I'm from NJ and I've had my lab mix, Callie, for exactly a week and a day. She's my first puppy - I had a dog years ago in 6th grade, but my parents did most of the work so I would consider Callie to be my first dog. She is 9 weeks old, so still a baby. I only recently learned that she was half lab because it turns out her litter had two fathers, and she was the only half lab. That's probably why she stood out to me and I picked her lol. I hadn't done much research on labs until today, when I determined that she was definitely half lab, and I realized that I'm going to need some help. Her being half lab explains a LOT. She is pretty much your typical lab puppy in terms of loving to chew, being a little stubborn but also smart, and having boundless energy. I've only done just a small amount of research today, I had to refrain from reading up on labs because I needed to focus on a paper I have to write. She is a great dog, but I definitely need training tips because the methods I'm using for certain things (specifically her need to chew) don't seem to be working. I'll be posting in the training forum shortly . Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jasper 83 is offline Junior Member

I use Grannicks Bitter Apple spray to break chewing of things you dont want chewed and it has worked great for 2 labs and a pit. Also, make sure they have plenty appropriate things to chew on. My dogs love deer antlers and bones and it keeps them occupied for hours. I havent had much luck with other sprays but the grannicks works great and was sold and recommended by my vet

Jasper 83 is offline Junior Member