Hello

Thread: Hello

Deena is offline Member

DefaultHello

Hi everyone,

I have found your wonderful forum whilst pondering the debate regarding sterilisation age. Found my answer thanks to several threads here, so thanks.

I live in Perth, West Australia. I have two human kids, two cats, two dogs. One being Marley my black Lab. For years I listened to what other people said and they talked me out of buying the one dog I have always yearned for. Recently I did what I wanted.

Marley is 5 months old, as with all Labs beautiful temperament, naughty but loving pup. Doing well in his obedience classes. Toilet training is ongoing! I have only had Marley for about 6 weeks, he previously was an outdoor pup at his breeders. Now of course he is an indulged indoor, outdoor dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

Good for you! You will have a best friend for life, that's for sure. I have never owned a lab before, but now have two. One is 4 and the other is 3.5 years old. It is amazing to watch how they grow and change on a daily / weekly basis. The puppy stage can be tough, but they do grow out of it and are the best dogs ever. Congratulations!

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Congrats on your new addition, Labs are wonderful dogs, I can not imagine my life without at least one! I hope you enjoy your baby as much as I do mine.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

from another Aussie!

Just be prepared. That puppy stage can last for the next 10-15 years.

Deena is offline Member

Thank you everyone. I just love Marley so much. Love all my other four legged family, but you are right. Watching him grow, play, so eager to learn and please. My sister had a Lab cross when we were kids, she was the most beautiful dog. I know the pup stage can be a long one, but hay you know that before you get a Lab.

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

I think they do a lot better if you exercise them and keep them active. I can only speak from limited experience, but then again our dogs seem pretty mellow compared to others that I have seen. I wonder if there is a big difference between the temperament of the American versus the English.