Yoko Says Hi!

Thread: Yoko Says Hi!

pluke the 2 is offline Junior Member

DefaultYoko Says Hi!

Hey guys, new member here. I really appreciate the work and knowledge behind the forum. I hope someday I can become a regular contributor.

Yoko is 7 Weeks old and she loves to bite. I've been very strict on her but it's for the best...

I know she's going to test my patience, but I will always keep telling myself that she's a puppy!

I got a few questions...

1. Yoko and I were playing on the grass the yesterday. She loves to chase me and bite me once I fall to the ground. While running, she ran into the back of my legs and I was moving pretty darn fast... She started crying a few minutes and hobbled off for about an hour. She stopped chasing me around that day and I'm wondering if she has anything broken...

Today will be another test to see if she wants to chase me still or move.

2. What is the most crucial time for her to learn? I let her get away with some things but not everything... I want her to be a really good girl and I know we will be best buds, I just kind of jumped into this situation before researching much.

Thanks in advance and thanks for having us!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pluke the 2 is offline Junior Member

another one

Tanya is offline Senior Member

welcome. how long have you had the pup?

You need to set rules now. If you allow things now and then in a few weeks or months decide you don't want to allow it anymore, it will take longer as you are re-train a habit rather then CREATING a habit. Now, this does nto mean you need to do a harsh correction, but you do need to redirect, not encourage or reward these behaviours.

Is the puppy acting/behaving normally (walking, etc.)? Concerns about health should be addressed to a vet/professional that can properly evaluate the pup.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Welcome - Yoko is very cute! I would also add that you should be very careful where you take Yoko at this young age. Have you started her vaccinations? You really shouldn't be taking her to any public places (especially parks) until she is fully vaccinated. There are many diseases, parasites that she can pick up that can be fatal when she is so young and not vaccinated.