Longtime Lab Owner/Lover from Downunder

Thread: Longtime Lab Owner/Lover from Downunder

Blacklabsrule is offline Junior Member

DefaultLongtime Lab Owner/Lover from Downunder

Hi All

I am a longtime Lab owner/lover (over 30 years) from Australia. I currently share my life with my two beautiful black lab boys, my senior boy, Tournie, who is 14 years & 9 months old (will be 15yrs old end of June) and Tana my youngster who is 3½ years old (will be 4 yrs old end of Sept). They are great buddies and and just the most beautiful boys and I just adore the both of them. I have the best of both worlds with the calm, older wiser one and the exhuberant, younger, full of the joys of life one. My older boy has been a great mentor and calming influence on my youngster and my youngster has also been a positive influence on my senior boy, keeping him active and engaged. Tana has been absolutely fantastic with my older boys, as when I got him as a 10week old pup, I also had another senior boy, Thomas, who was the oldest at 13.9 and Tournie was 11½. Tana bonded very strongly with Thomas and these two were inseparable, but Tana also had a very good relationship with Tournie as well, so when we lost Thomas in Apr 2010 when he was 15 years old, Tournie stepped into the gap to become Tana's close buddy, which I was so happy about as I was really worried how Tana would cope without his beloved Thomas, as he just idolised that boy.

I have had 6 black labs (hence my name), 4 of which I have raised since pups and two that I have adopted as older boys from totally different backgrounds. Even though I have owned/loved Labs for over 30 years, each new Lab I add to my pack teaches me something different about this truly wonderful breed and dogs in general and I am constantly learning. At my age I have had a lot of life experiences, but am very open to learning new things and love chatting to other dog owners in real life and on forums where we can share knowledge and of course the beauty of the Lab forums is that we all love and adore our beautiful breed and have the opportunity to see all the beautiful pics of so many gorgeous Labs at all life stages.

I have been a member of a few dog forums for a number of years so am pretty forum savvy and have developed the tough hide that is required, so you won't see any "you are all a bunch of meanies, goodbye cruel people" type posts/threads from me

Look forward to chatting all things Labby with you all and will sort out a signature and Avatar soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TracyJaxon is offline Junior Member

I love my black lab! Mine is a 10 month old named Jaxon. We had to put our other black lab down in June. Was the saddest thing I've ever had to do. I could not stand our house without a dog. I still miss Jersey so, but Jaxon has brought new joys into our lives! I have forgotten all the hard work it takes raising a puppy! welcome!

Garth is offline Registered Users

from QLD. My first Lab was a black. Had him for 14 fabulous years. I still miss him like hell.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Welcome.
    I am partial to black Labs too. I love my chocolate girl Tess, but will get another black pup next. I have had one pup and 2 older dogs. I lost my first black at 3 and adopted her litter mate not long after. He is now 11. I rescued 5 year old Tess 18 months ago.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Welcome!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome! I am also partial to the black beauties and have always had black one's. Don't get me wrong, I love ALL labs but I will always have a black lab or two!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Blacklabsrule is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet to you all

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    from QLD. My first Lab was a black. Had him for 14 fabulous years. I still miss him like hell.
    Hello fellow Aussie - I am actually an "honorary" Aussie as I am a Kiwi (New Zealander) who has been in OZ since 1986

citronella is offline Senior Member

Welcome, my first lab was a black one too. Now i have Laci who is yellow, tilly a beagle and bentley who is black lab/ corgi? Basset? Mix. Hope to see some of your pics soon
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!