Hello !

Thread: Hello !

MelCole is offline Member

DefaultHello !

Spent a lot of time poking about. And I decided it was time to stop lurking and maybe begin engaging.....

So, here's my crew:

.....Mia (8 month old Rescue Rottie pup) ..... Paddy (almost 10 yr old Yellow [fox red] Lab) ... and Zoe (3 yr old Rescue Siberian)

Paddy is a Service Dog who has been at my side for nearly all his life. I got poking around here when he developed a seizure disorder on Thanksgiving day and subsequently found he was in liver failure, had ridiculously high triglycerides, and his thyroid function had decreased (again). Initially, I was looking for any info regarding the effectiveness of DENAMARIN (for liver support); any information regarding getting the triglycerides down; and, well, pretty much anything that would give me hope and optimism for a positive outcome.

Recently widowed, I never had to go thru any kind of turmoil completely on my own. No other family and very few friends, I live with a brain injury from a car wreck 12 years ago (which is why Paddy came to be). So, I've come here to seek knowledge and, perhaps, offer a pearl or two of wisdom of my own.

Pretty long-winded for a simple "Hello". So....
    HELLO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

Hello to you, you have a very fine looking group of dogs for sure. They look like they get along very well.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome. I can always use a pearl!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Gorgeous dogs you have there!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

kaykay is offline Senior Member

welcome! gorgeous crew.
    Kristin

jayson

laika

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Welcome! You have beautiful dogs. Sorry to hear about Paddy's struggles. I hope someone here can offer advice.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Had to come find your intro since I hadn't seen it b4 - welcome and so glad you're here!

Sorry to hear you are alone now...and while nothing can make up for the loss of a spouse - you certainly have three beautiful companions who will keep you from ever being lonely!

Welcome! (again!)
    Last edited by BoatDog; 03-02-2013 at 07:18 AM.

bett is offline Senior Member

i have one of my three, who after being exposed to diamond food, during the recall, was left, with a screwed up liver.internist, after an ultrasound announced "enjoy him. i'm sorry. he's in liver failure". and is now 11, 8 months after that "diagnosis".
    let me know, (via a pm, so we dont bore everyone) what i have done, to miraculously get rex's liver level to normal. i hold my breath because he's having more bloods on tues.

oh, and i didnt mean to not say "welcome" but i was with you on that other post regarding breeders and their food.
    so, hi and welcome!!!!

MelCole is offline Member

The cat got ticked off because she was shunned in the introduction.........

Jennifer.... Makes Grumpy Cat look like a walk in the park. (Probably because I only feed her roofing nails and rubber duckies because someone told me...... well, never mind ) Thank you all for the warm welcome.