Hello from Northern Virginia!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Northern Virginia!

TXinVA is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from Northern Virginia!

Hi! I've been lurking on JustLabs for a few weeks and I've finally registered!

My husband and I just adopted a chocolate lab named Gertie. Long story short, we also are "fostering" her sister we dubbed Little Bit until we could find her a great home (which we finally did and she'll be going to a great family in VA Beach on Friday... lucky girl). Needless to say, its been a rough week taking care of two lab puppies!

I'll be around asking endless questions in the tips & training forum. I've already learned so much from reading past posts. My husband and his family have always owned labs, but it's been a long time since he's training a puppy! We also have a 6 year old pug who has been tremendously helpful with the two pups.

Thanks in advance for all my pestering and questions!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Pugs & Labs are the perfect combination. We need pics!

photo.jpg

Here's one of Gus adjusting to the new pups!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

great pics ! Welcome to the board !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

Bookwormbiker is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome to JL!

Rosie's Rents is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TXinVA View Post
    Hi! I've been lurking on JustLabs for a few weeks and I've finally registered!

My husband and I just adopted a chocolate lab named Gertie. Long story short, we also are "fostering" her sister we dubbed Little Bit until we could find her a great home (which we finally did and she'll be going to a great family in VA Beach on Friday... lucky girl). Needless to say, its been a rough week taking care of two lab puppies!

I'll be around asking endless questions in the tips & training forum. I've already learned so much from reading past posts. My husband and his family have always owned labs, but it's been a long time since he's training a puppy! We also have a 6 year old pug who has been tremendously helpful with the two pups.

Thanks in advance for all my pestering and questions!!
    Nice to see another new member from NOVA! My wife and I have been lurking for the past month. We've got a six month old chocolate lab named Rosie.

We'll post a proper introduction here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie's Rents View Post
    Nice to see another new member from NOVA! My wife and I have been lurking for the past month. We've got a six month old chocolate lab named Rosie.

We'll post a proper introduction here shortly.
    Oh yay! Glad to meet you Rosie's Rents!

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

OMG I would love to know what Gus is thinking, sitting there is that basket with the two little pups. Very sweet. Good luck with the pup and you will have a better chance of training once the other pup has left the nest. Welcome....
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire_Dog View Post
    OMG I would love to know what Gus is thinking, sitting there is that basket with the two little pups. Very sweet. Good luck with the pup and you will have a better chance of training once the other pup has left the nest. Welcome....
    Judy and Jack
    I know exactly what Gus was thinking, but I don't think I can post it here LOL! He's actually been great and we are so proud of him in welcoming these two pups.

We had a little setback with getting Sadie (aka Little Bit) adopted, so she's still with us, but we did find her another family (who has three boys and they have been looking for a lab) and we are so happy for her! She goes home on Tuesday.

Things will certainly be easier once Sadie goes to her new home. Both are doing great as far as training and Gertie is doing extremely well... she already knows how to sit and knows to go to the door when she has to go! She's not perfect, but for a pup, she's doing so well

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TXinVA View Post
    I know exactly what Gus was thinking, but I don't think I can post it here LOL! He's actually been great and we are so proud of him in welcoming these two pups.

We had a little setback with getting Sadie (aka Little Bit) adopted, so she's still with us, but we did find her another family (who has three boys and they have been looking for a lab) and we are so happy for her! She goes home on Tuesday.

Things will certainly be easier once Sadie goes to her new home. Both are doing great as far as training and Gertie is doing extremely well... she already knows how to sit and knows to go to the door when she has to go! She's not perfect, but for a pup, she's doing so well
    She is doing great. Maybe you could give the forum address to the new puppy family so they can get some help from everyone here. Someone here has probably experienced everything that could happen to our furry friends. Good luck with Gertie.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast