hi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi

tanya.beee is offline Junior Member

Defaulthi

Hi, im tanya, my black lab is 5 months old and called sam, have come here hoping for help and advise as he's proving to be full of surprises and naughtiness, driving me crazy at times, lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Carly&Cooper is offline Junior Member

hi
    We have a black lab too called Cooper. He was awesome when we first got him, he learned everything really quickly! Now hes started teething and likes to chew almost anything at the moment lol! He's not doing his business on his pads or outside anymore, and hes just acting out haha! Loosing patience with him rather quicky lol. Cant stay mad at him for too long though!

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Hello to both of you. First of all the problems with the potty breaks. How long are they left alone???? When my Jack was a puppy I got up an hour early every morning and this time was just for Jack. I walked with him out behind the garage each and every morning and he did the potty thing there. Then he was rewarded. We played with the ball for awhile and the he came inside. Honestly when he knew where he was to go we never had a problem. No accidents, no yard mess. To this day he still expects that I will walk out there with him. He is 4 1/2. If hubby is home alone he will go out by himself. Anyway if there is to be a "dump" I would just as soon pick it up on the spot. I hate surprises. The messes are always there out of the way and that is worth a lot to me. As far as the chewing goes, invest in a "hurley" by West Paw. Jack is a real chewer and he destroyed all the toys I had bought until I found the Hurley. The hurley will make him happy and will last a long time. A good crate is a good investment and will save so much and keep you from becoming bitter enemies. The long and short of it is that if you take the time to train on certain aspects if will really improve the quality of your relationship. They are well worth the effort.
    Good Luck
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jdchenail is offline Junior Member

I have a 7 yr old that opens doors and drawers to get to food!!!! so now when we leave the house i have to lock her in the basement with a lock on the outside so she wont get out!!! I have no idea how to stop this!! she gets into wrapped hard candy and even takes the wrappers off and just eats the candy!!! good luck! and if you have anyideas for me i would love it! lol

There is not a crate in the world that can hold my Lab!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jdchenail View Post
    I have a 7 yr old that opens doors and drawers to get to food!!!! so now when we leave the house i have to lock her in the basement with a lock on the outside so she wont get out!!! I have no idea how to stop this!! she gets into wrapped hard candy and even takes the wrappers off and just eats the candy!!! good luck! and if you have anyideas for me i would love it! lol
    Wow that is amazing. Can you find out where they put their mouth to open the cabinets. Is it the mouth they use or is it the paw. If it is the mouth can you paint it with tabasco sauce. The paw, wow that would leave a mess. I am lucky, Jack touches nothing when in the house alone.
    Judy and Jack

We had her in a few differant training classes and spend alot of time with her working on this one problem.
    I work out of my house so I am home with her all the time. She is the almost perfect dog, except for that one problem. She does not even think of doing anything when we are home, i could leave a steak on the end of the counter and go in another room and she wont touch it, but if she hears my truck leave she knows it's chow time! lol She has never chewed anything other than her own toys but she will find food anywhere if i leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya.beee View Post
    Hi, im tanya, my black lab is 5 months old and called sam, have come here hoping for help and advise as he's proving to be full of surprises and naughtiness, driving me crazy at times, lol
    Welcome to the forum. What kind of things does he pull. If you give a list of problems on the chat page you will get a few answers on them.
    Judy and Jack
    Last edited by Campfire_Dog; 12-23-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tanya.beee View Post
    Welcome. You have come to the right place. Tell us what your specific problems are and maybe someone can give you a few tips. Hang in there someday you will be so happy with this problem child.
    Judy and Jack

Okay this is an additional answer to your first question. When I opened today it was there waiting for me to respond and it would not go away till I did so. You never did say what the problems were.
    Last edited by Campfire_Dog; 01-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.

tanya.beee is offline Junior Member

Hi, sorry, been away for a while
    Basically, sam is a good little boy, At 6 months now he's lovely and cuddly and full of life. Im not really too worried about him, but he seems to have a really sensitive stomach, am just wondering if this is a lab trait? he is obsessed with sniffing out poo and having a munch, whether it be horse, cat, dog or fox poo, which I'm thinking may be the problem to the bad tummy, but is this something he will most likely grow out of? x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast