Hello from Vermont

Thread: Hello from Vermont

lucylu is offline Member

DefaultHello from Vermont

Hi. My names Lisa and I'm new to the forum. We brought our black lab puppy, Lucy, home 7 weeks ago. She is 14 weeks old. She's an amazing puppy (although she does her fair share of what I call "air biting"/snapping). She's a lover though.

8170663462_ac4540553b.jpg

Lucy 13 weeks IMG_1510.jpg

Lucy1.jpg

Lucy2.jpg

Lucy4.jpg
    Lucy 8/24/12

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Lisa,
    Lucy is a beautiful pup. She will be a great friend as she gets older. Enjoy every stage as they pass so quickly. Welcome.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

lucylu is offline Member

Hi Judy! Thank you. I have a 9 year old daughter and 11 year old son and Lucy brings us all much joy and laughter. My husband and daughter wanted a puppy, my son and I, not so much. But we've all fallen in love with her. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Jack is a beautiful boy.
    Lucy 8/24/12

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

an
    Quote Originally Posted by lucylu View Post
    Hi Judy! Thank you. I have a 9 year old daughter and 11 year old son and Lucy brings us all much joy and laughter. My husband and daughter wanted a puppy, my son and I, not so much. But we've all fallen in love with her. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Jack is a beautiful boy.
    Thank you.
    I know exactly what you mean. We adopted Choco ( a black lab/border collie cross) in 2004. He was 6. Choco died in Jan 2008. We were devestated. We brought Jack home in June of the same year. He was between 10 an 11 weeks old. Now I lament all of the labs that we could have had between the death of our English Bulldogs in 1985 and the adoption of Choco. All those memories we missed. Jack is the center of our lives now that we are older. Did you and your son not want a dog or just not a pup. I remember when Doug wanted a dog when we got Choco and I did not but went along reluctantly. I never regreted it. A home without a dog now just seams so empty. Enjoy.
    Judy and Jack

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Love the first picture!

Judy is right, enjoy every moment. The puppy stage can be frustrating at times, but they are not puppies for long. Take lots of pictures!

lucylu is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire_Dog View Post
    an

Thank you.
    I know exactly what you mean. We adopted Choco ( a black lab/border collie cross) in 2004. He was 6. Choco died in Jan 2008. We were devestated. We brought Jack home in June of the same year. He was between 10 an 11 weeks old. Now I lament all of the labs that we could have had between the death of our English Bulldogs in 1985 and the adoption of Choco. All those memories we missed. Jack is the center of our lives now that we are older. Did you and your son not want a dog or just not a pup. I remember when Doug wanted a dog when we got Choco and I did not but went along reluctantly. I never regreted it. A home without a dog now just seams so empty. Enjoy.
    Judy and Jack
    I missed this. Sorry. I didn't want a dog just b/c I didn't want to have another person to worry about/take care of and as for my son, and I quote him here "I don't want a puppy b/c it will stress you out and you're already stressed out enough!". God love him. I actually think, after getting through the fist 2 weeks with Lucy, my stress level has gone down. She makes me laugh so hard all day long and I actually stop to take time to just sit quietly with her and play hard with her. I just love her.
    Lucy 8/24/12

lucylu is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HarveysMum View Post
    Welcome! Love the first picture!

Judy is right, enjoy every moment. The puppy stage can be frustrating at times, but they are not puppies for long. Take lots of pictures!
    Thank you. I have been!
    Lucy 8/24/12

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome. She's a cutie!

I love that new photo in the snow. You will so enjoy her if your problem is stress. They are such a stress releiver.
    Judy and Jack