Ziva and Zephyros say hello!

Thread: Ziva and Zephyros say hello!

Dreamweaver is offline Junior Member

DefaultZiva and Zephyros say hello!

Alright, I'll admit it, I'm never that great at introducing myself; so please, bare with me.

My name is Malissa, I'm a stay at home mom from the Central Texas area and I'm a big-time animal lover. I was raised around everything from horses to chickens and have always had a soft spot in my heart for animals of all shapes and sizes. Growing up my mother raised huskies and they were a real joy to have around. Anyhow, on to now. I got married in June to the lover of my life and me and my daughter moved from Michigan to Texas to be with my husband, since he is currently stationed here. We brought along our three cats and my German Shepherd mix Angel, who was 15 years of age. She my first dog and I have many precious memories of her but earlier in the fall we lost her to advanced cancer. I will always miss her, she was my baby but me and my husband decided to add a new pup to our family recently and a trip to a local kill shelter (We wanted to rescue a dog, knowing that there are so many out there looking for homes and so many who never get them.) Well, to make a long story short we ended up leaving with two pups and an immediate vet trip.

Zephyros is a 12 weeks old Golden Retriever/Lab mix who was surrendered by his owner, who didn't want him any longer. Upon a vet visit he was found to have worms but other then that was declared healthy. Zephyros is a crazy little boy with a lot of personality and we love him dearly.

Ziva - Ziva and her whole litter were surrendered after the momma dog was hit by a car. She is, as of today 6 weeks old. She also had to be de-wormed but is an otherwise healthy, happy pup. She's not quite as crazy as Zephyros is, in fact she settles down and naps in my lap from time to time. They both make us so happy, especially with their cute little antics.

Now, there were some concerns on another forum about the age difference between the pups and the fact that the shelter allowed the group to be separated before they were 8 weeks old. I assure you that Ziva is doing well with us, I do understand the concern but these pups came from a high kill shelter and there's a good possibility if I hadn't taken her, she wouldn't have made it. We're happy to have opened our home to these pups and hope to meet new people here, share stories and adventures and enjoy the community. Thanks for having us!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome. They're cuties and its nice to rescue them.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

Welcome! You have two beautiful pups. So sorry to hear about Angel.
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Thank you for making the choice to rescue. They are both lovely. 12 weeks and his owner does not want him anymore. Makes me sick. How much did they want him in the beginning? The poor mother dog may have been trying to find something to eat to provide for her babies. I know that you will provide them with a great life. Hopefully they will be great friends for each other and provide Ziva with some of what she lost when she left her litter. You are right... Her brothers and sisters may not get the chance for a home of their own. Welcome to the forum. Sorry that you lost your Angel. I am sure that she was a big part of your earlier life.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Dreamweaver is offline Junior Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Campfire_dog, I too was disgusted that they "didn't" want such a young pup. So far Zephyros and Ziva are best of friends but I do have to keep an eye on them because the little guy can get a little to rough from time to time. We are teaching them settle and it's definitely helping. I wouldn't take them back for all the money in the world, they're too cute and way to sweet.