Hey everyone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone!

Diwakar is offline Junior Member

DefaultHey everyone!

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself and my beloved "P A R I S" here

I am from India, and I recently brought home this lovely Lab puppy when he was 35 days old. I call him "PARIS"
    He is a darling, loves to eat and play.. so much fun to be around with. He is my first pet and I want to give him all the care I can, and therefore I am here to learn from others on how to raise him in the best possible way. and I am sure to get much more than what I expect.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Paris is a handsome boy! If we can be of any help let us know!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Welcome to you and Paris!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

He is adorable !

Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

Thanks all.. can't agree more

He is only 80 days old and he is growing fast. I can see a difference almost every day. Can't wait for him to become a play mate.
    [OT]: btw, he is always very interested in nipping on everything he comes across. sometimes he gets too excited while playing that he just tries to grab my ankle. it hurts! anything I can do about it or I just have to go through it till he becomes wiser (if at all)?

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Yes lab puppies do nip a lot and it is not nice to be on the receiving end. I can remember being quite frustrated by it. Please be patient. I use to hold Jack's mouth closed and he did not like that very much. I have no idea if it helped at all. He eventually stopped. I guess that was the worst part of having a lab puppy. They grow so fast and soon become such a special part of the family. Jack is 4 1/2 now and is such a special boy that I had forgotten that frustrating trait. Please make sure that she cannot swallow anything that will do her harm. That is another trait. They want to put everything in their mouths. Welcome to the forum.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

You are right, they become so much a part of your daily existence.. the little boy gets too excited and starts biting, I try not to encourage this behavior by showing my back, stop playing and sometimes getting out of his reach as well.. May be its just a matter of time before he stops that.. otherwise, he is just adorable.. he has got this new habit of provoking a play by taking his toy in his mouth and then coming closer and then going away and repeating this until I pat him or try to take the toy from him.. absolutely fantastic!!
    Thanks.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Very cute! Make sure you read up on the puppy training advice which will help. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diwakar View Post
    You are right, they become so much a part of your daily existence.. the little boy gets too excited and starts biting, I try not to encourage this behavior by showing my back, stop playing and sometimes getting out of his reach as well.. May be its just a matter of time before he stops that.. otherwise, he is just adorable.. he has got this new habit of provoking a play by taking his toy in his mouth and then coming closer and then going away and repeating this until I pat him or try to take the toy from him.. absolutely fantastic!!
    Thanks.

Like I said. he is 4 1/2 now and the scheming never ends. Our couch is about 5 inches off the floor and when the ball goes under the couch I get up and get it out because I do not want him scratching the hardwood floor. So.... he consistantly gets his ball and lays down, drops the ball and looks to see if I am watching him and then tosses the ball under the couch with his nose. He knows that I will have to get up and get it out and that is what it is all about. Any kind of attention is good for him. He is so smart and funny.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome to you and Paris!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast