Getting new chocolate lab on Nov. 26!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting new chocolate lab on Nov. 26!

Monchichi is offline Junior Member

DefaultGetting new chocolate lab on Nov. 26!

Hello,
    Well I thought I would properly introduce myself here after getting off to a rough start in another part of this forum.

I'm a stay at home mom and I have 4 children. They are 19, 17, 6 1/2 and 5. We have always wanted a puppy but went the cat route with the older two kids and now with the younger two we feel its time to add a puppy into our family. I grew up with Doberman pinchers and a cocker spaniel.

Now that the last boy is off to school my house is empty except for our 15 year old outdoor cat. I have the time to take care of a puppy and train him to be a wonderful part of our family.

I plan on crate training him. I have read up on potty training and basic commands. I'm going to try clicker training.
    If anyone can send me help on training, that would be great.
    I have also been looking at puppy food. I have looked into blue buffalo, solid gold and a few others. These thing can be so confusing to try to pick out just the right one for our dog.

image.jpg 6 weeks old.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on your new addition!!!! There is a lot of information to learn about on this boards. I like your name and I am glad you are staying around

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome! I am so glad you decided to stay with us. I have been here awhile now, and I have made friendships from around the world. We all love hearing our labby stories and enjoying each others' pictures. So in the picture with the 3 puppies, which one is yours? I love those sweet little faces and fondly remember puppy breath! One of the puppies in the pic has white on the chest. Sophie does too, and it reminds me so much of her. She's now 19 months and 77lbs! I miss the puppy days, but she is such a good girl and a loving treasure now too. I see you are looking at Blue Buffalo. It is a quality food, but very rich. You need to continue to feed the same food the breeder is feeding. Any abrupt food change can cause diarrhea and gastic upset. So ask what the puppies are eating now, and if they are doing well on it, stick with it for awhile. Again, welcome.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

hi. fortunately i have no idea what happened before but hello again.

Garth is offline Registered Users

I'm glad you decided to hang around. Love all the pups! Which one is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post

I'm glad you decided to hang around. Love all the pups! Which one is yours?
    These are the last 3 available out of 10. The middle one is the smallest ie. runt. I'm kinda leaning towards the one in the middle or the one to the right of him. We are officially meeting them on Sunday the 25th. Our whole family will get to play and interact with all three and we will pick the one we feel will fit into our family. If you have any pointers to choosing a puppy I'd love to hear them. I do know about testing their hearing and also by holding them like a baby and looking at their reaction. We want a pet that will grow up with our younger boys who are 5 and 6 1/2. But I wouldn't mind them going into 4H with him when they are older. So obedience would be a great thing. I would love to do some agility with him too. I will be the main one raising him since I'm home all day. Thanks so any help.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

They are so cute. You will find a lot of information here and glad you are staying to share you pup with us.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Glad you decided to stay too. Only 10 days to go until you get your new baby. You must be getting very excited.

I am getting very excited! I'm running around the house making sure wires are put away, toys are put up, and things are ready for Bentley to come home. We are going to the pet store and getting some toys , food and water bowls and food. She is giving me a bag of the puppy food they are feeding them. It's Iams puppy chow. I'm not fond of that one and I have been trying to do research about which one is better. I was thinking of Blue Buffalo and my friend uses Solid Gold. I'll have to ask the vet when I go take him in. But yes, I am really excited and nervous!

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Welcome. They are cute pups. You are really going to enjoy your new companion. He will soon grow up and be such great company. Just be careful that he does not put things in his mouth. That is the biggest challenge. Jack loved to pull on anything that showed resistance. All of the drip irrigation etc. Hope to see more photos really soon. Today is the 26th so today is the day that Bently joins the family. Enjoy.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast