Hello from Cleveland, Ohio!

Thread: Hello from Cleveland, Ohio!

rmcbuckeye is offline Senior Member

DefaultHello from Cleveland, Ohio!

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel. I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. My boyfriend (of 6 years and currently living together) and I decided that we needed to add a dog to our home. We both grew up with dogs - so we couldn't imagine not having one. Now for me, I grew up with hound dogs & a Siberian Husky. My boyfriend, Mike grew up with Labs! His mom currently has a Black Lab, who is 10 years old. His name is Dozer. HE is the reason why I FELL in love with the breed! Along with his brother's two Labs, who are yellow & chocolate. Their names are Buster & Malley. (I'm sure you can tell who's named who)... I never, for once, considered to own a Lab in my life, but looks like that will be happening very soon.

We will be bringing home our little guy, a Fox Red. His name is Ryder. I think his full name will be _______'s Red Ryder. He is named after a movie, "A Christmas Story", and we wanted to stick to a name that's Christmas themed. It's also our favorite movie to watch during the Holidays! He originally was to come home on Christmas Eve, but his momma had him along with his 6 siblings early, so we will be bringing him home on December 7th. Hard to to believe, but it's coming up quickly! I am really excited and looking forward to the good & bad moments with him, most importantly, create memories of having him with us.

I do however, have 3 pictures of him as of now from his breeder - but we will be seeing him THIS weekend and meet him. He is our pick and we're lucky to be the ones to offer him a great life with us. I will include more pictures also - better ones!

So I'm going to be on here quite often, I think. I'm a first time owner, but thankfully Mike is not. So I look forward to it all. And meeting everyone also.

Week one:

Week two:

Week three:

“The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Also, meet Dozer!

(and another of Dozer with Buster & Malley)

Bookwormbiker is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum from a New Jersey member. Ryder is a cutie.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

He's a doll! Our last girl was a fox red. She was a treasure and lived to be 12. I am anxious to hear lots of puppy stories from you!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I love fox red. Good luck with your new guy. (my son lived in Cleveland last year)

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited. I just purchased Ryder's dog tag today. He also has stuff to play/chew on, I am just being prepared. He has a big Nylabone, two tennis balls, a glow-ball, a skinless duck (you put a water bottle in it) and two small stuffed toys - a duck & chick! I think I'm set for now. He also will have a Jolly Ball when he gets older along with a Aqua Kong toy (once we introduce him to water/swimming)... I may be crazy but I'm looking forward to it!

Also, Ryder won't be alone. He'll have a "half brother", which is my parents' dog, Hank. He is a Beagle/Terrier mix. I know he will be very jealous at first and will try to be in between me and Ryder - he'll always want the most attention. I hope he will adjust very well. Any advice on that? He isn't very really dog-friendly at first, but he get used to it later on.

Here he is!

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 12.03.53 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-15 at 12.04.13 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-15 at 12.05.32 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-15 at 12.05.48 PM.jpg
    Last edited by rmcbuckeye; 11-15-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

The other labs are really lovely dogs and I know when they all get past the anoying new little dog reaction and they will all get on fine. I hope that there is good comunication with Hank as well. Your puppy is going to beautiful.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."