Why can't we all just get along............
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't we all just get along............

Lil Man Jake is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhy can't we all just get along............

I have been on here for a couple of weeks.
    Overall, it has been a positive experience and I totally get what forums are about.
    But....... the amount of rudeness, condescending attitude and the just blatant attitude of "I know Labs, I am the almighty!" is disappointing.
    I have experienced this just slightly, not worth detailing.
    But, I have read some other posts and quite frankly find some people to be just RUDE!
    Is this forum not a gathering of a community of people with the interest of Labradors?
    Past owner, current owner, new owner, potential owner?!
    People should really check their O-greatness at the door, sometimes it really makes them
    look like a horrible person and not someone that should be on your forum.
    If you are "wiser", you don't talk DOWN to people, does a teacher do that to a student?!
    Just sayin'....................................

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Samson is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the human race and I'm sorry if that sounds condescending but that is the result when people hide behind an internet persona !

This forum is not the usual upset everybody and get banned type ! We tend to suffer fools ( rude though they may be ) gladly and if you stick around long enough then you will be able to identify the dross and ignore their rants !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Did you say something, Colin? I was too busy wondering if you had pants on.....

Samson is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CindersMyGirl View Post
    Did you say something, Colin? I was too busy wondering if you had pants on.....
    Shut up trouble maker ! AMOF I have then on but I'm going commando !

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Oftentimes the simple presentation of facts pushes people's noses out of joint and then it's off to the races. There are many who arrive here with really outdated notions that are not beneficial to the dogs. Most of us will counter those outdated and potentially harmful ideas/practices with current info.

I am really here to help educate people about dogs for the benefit of the dogs. So, if it comes down to preserving someone's feelings by supporting an idea I don't agree with - the feelings may lose out. I don't agree with personal attacks being made and I do agree that does impede learning. But - I surely can't help it if somebody is upset because I disagree with their method or the facts/assumptions they are operating under. And that happens all the time.

There is a lot of debate on this board and that's not for everyone. This board is, for all intents and purposes, unmoderated. There are other moderated boards available if the tone here makes you uncomfortable.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Erendui is offline Senior Member

I've noticed very *strong* opinions, but I've had enough experience on other forums to notice that this one is actually very nice forum community. At the risk of sounding age-ist, the general age of forum regulars seems to be >30years, which tends to mean either people *do* have more experience and unfortunately come across as patronising, don't know how things might come across over the internet (due to lack of ability to express intonation or facial expressions) or they genuinely are grumpy! Personally, I'd rather be patronised by someone older and wiser than me (I'm only 23), than be on a forum with a bunch of 15 year olds being told I'm stupid, being sworn at and experiencing generally inappropriate responses... Maybe I'm just laid back, but when someone sounds a bit "know-it-all" on here, I let it wash over me. They probably do know more than me, but they don't know *my* dog. And I've read enough by actual professionals to know what is actually a serious problem, rather than something that is often a matter of opinion, in which I just go on a combination of advice on here, personal observation and common sense. Face it, the internet is full of horrible people, I'm afraid it's a matter of ignoring/tolerating

KenZ71 is offline Senior Member

Jake, great post.
    Max's favorite place, a walk through a state park with the kids

Max Born February 2012, Adopted May 2012....

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Man Jake View Post
    I have been on here for a couple of weeks.
    Overall, it has been a positive experience and I totally get what forums are about.
    But....... the amount of rudeness, condescending attitude and the just blatant attitude of "I know Labs, I am the almighty!" is disappointing.
    I have experienced this just slightly, not worth detailing.
    But, I have read some other posts and quite frankly find some people to be just RUDE!
    Is this forum not a gathering of a community of people with the interest of Labradors?
    Past owner, current owner, new owner, potential owner?!
    People should really check their O-greatness at the door, sometimes it really makes them
    look like a horrible person and not someone that should be on your forum.
    If you are "wiser", you don't talk DOWN to people, does a teacher do that to a student?!
    Just sayin'....................................

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Some in here rescue so see some awful things and that passion comes out perhaps in too strong a tone. We are all different and yes I agree we sometimes need to sit on our fingers as new people don't understand, people from different countries do things differently and we have to allow for differences.I think best to not take offence. Stress, tiredness and how we read or type things all have an effect and misunderstandings take place.

Guys one we frightened away recently with misunderstandings. Every day there is at least 2 posts in her face book to please help dogs in kill shelters. She lives here in N.Z. where we don't have shelters like you do, yet pushing for help for dogs in the USA. I think we have missed someone who would contribute to JL.

ETA. I came back in to say I should take my own advise....sit on your darned hands lady. lolol. I don't meant offend anyone.
    Last edited by kassabella; 11-11-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast