My two Labs and I say hello from AZ

Thread: My two Labs and I say hello from AZ

Oh Janet is offline Junior Member

DefaultMy two Labs and I say hello from AZ

Hi everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and finally decided to join today. I fell in love with Labs when I was a vet tech/office manager at a small animal hospital. Over the five years I worked there every Lab that came in was a joy to be around. My hubby and I adopted a Lab mix from the animal shelter in 1998 and even though he was a major jerk for the 12 years we had him, we loved him so much. I'm not sure what he was mixed with, but whatever it was, it was evil. Haha. We lost him last year and our hearts have never forgotten him. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. His name was Pip.

In 2007 we got our girl Jello. She was given to us from a person my hubby did some legal work for. She is purebred and both parents are AKC, but we didn't register her. We got her spayed at 6 months old. She has pretty bad hips and we will do whatever we need to surgically to keep her happy and give her a good quality of life. Honestly, I would take a bullet for this dog, she's more than a dog to me. From day one when we brought her home, she knew were to go out to potty, and has never chewed up anything that wasn't a toy, and has been such a sweet, gentle, funny companion for us. Words can't express what we feel for this baby. She's my yellow mellow Jello.

About a year ago, we started thinking about adding a pup to our little family. We did a lot of research on breeders and found o e we felt comfortable with and liked the looks of his dogs, so we waited for a litter that he had coming. On July 14th we brought home Seamus. She's a chocolate pup and is now just a few days away from being 5 months old. We wanted to buy the best puppy we could by a reputable breeder who does DNA, OFA, and everything else to give her a good healthy start in life. We don't want her to have the pain that Jello has had from her hips. Shea is a bit of a demon, I swear she has a bit of our old boy Pip in her. She does so many of the same things he used to, it's so weird! We are taking her for walks every day and starting with some basic training. Poor Jello, she is the puppies biggest chew toy and just patiently tolerates it. Shea has lost most of her puppy teeth now so the new ones aren't as pointy.

Well that's a long intro about us, I hope we are welcome here in your wonderful forum. Labs are just the best dogs ever, and it's awesome to have a nice place like this to share info and stories about them.

Janet
    ~Janet. Mom of Jello and Seamus~

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Janet, welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you and your fur kids!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!