Hi From PA!

Thread: Hi From PA!

grlzmommy is offline Member

DefaultHi From PA!

Just wanted to say hello! I'm from Southeastern PA and was a proud mommy of a gorgeous Yellow Lab who was with us from 11/1/04 until 9/26/2012
    She was taken from us way too fast and so unexpectedly. As hard as it is without her, we definitely miss having a doggie around the house! We will be bringing a new lab puppy into our home the beginning of December! Here we go again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Gerrly is offline Member

Hi! I don't post much, mainly lurk, but I wanted to greet you because I'm also in SE PA!

So sorry for your recent loss, but good luck with your new pup! I got my second in July and she constantly surprising me by how GOOD she is for a lab puppy. I remember my first being much worse, ha! This place has been a great resource for me with my new puppy, as I had forgotten a lot.
    -Donna
    Indy (6/18/12) & Sonar (Gerrly) (10/7/98-6/9/11)

Gerrly is offline Member

And just noticed you're in Delco. Me too! Small world! FYI, my vet told me there is a parvo outbreak in Glenolden area. We don't live there, but I adhered to not taking Indy out for walks until being fully vaccinated, which was today, actually. But, I'll wait another 2 weeks for her immune system to respond to the shot. Just wanted to give you a heads up so you can keep your new guy or girl safe.
    -Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks so much! You pup is adorable! That's scary the Parvo outbreak! THanks for the advice....I'm not near there but good to know. Thank God for my fenced in backyard with the new puppy. We got our Summer in December and I remember it being an awful time of year to get a puppy and training it being freezing cold out! And here I go again! Same time of year!
    Im pretty sure I was on this board when Summer was a puppy and before I had kids but with the kids things got way too busy to be on here! LOL but now they are 3 1/2 and 5 and I get some "free" time when they play together!
    We are surprising them with the puppy, my oldest had such a hard time with losing Summer, she's doing better but talks about her all the time! She'll be so excited to have a "baby" to help take care of!
    HUNTER 10/15/2012
    Missing you every day Summer
    11/1/2004-09/26/2012

Jenylynne is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Another one here from Delco!!! Small, small, world! So sorry for the loss of your beautiful pup.
    Jen

Cleo, our black beauty

Zeus, our yellow, mellow, fellow

Gerrly is offline Member

I have an almost-4 year old son and 20 month old daughter, so I know what you mean about free time! But, I had had Labrador fever for months and couldn't hold back any longer. I'm crazy busy, but it's working out!

Jen, so funny... I actually sent my best friend a link to the picture of your black lab (the pic in your signature) and told her to check out how perfect she is! Seriously, you have a beautiful dog there. Said friend has a black and a yellow also, so I knew she'd appreciate such a beauty. (Zeus looks pretty adorable, too!)

Reminds me, I need to update my pic of Indy. She's much, much bigger now.
    -Donna

lovedogs is offline Member

Hello!

Jen your labs are gorgeous! I miss my yellow so much! Looking forward to starting over with a black lab!
    HUNTER 10/15/2012
    11/1/2004-09/26/2012

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. We lost our 12 yr old foxred in May 2011. It was so sudden and shocking, so I can empathise with you. We got our Sophie about a month later, and she literally saved us. I am optimistic that your new puppy will do the same for you. Tell us more about your new baby that will be coming home soon....
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

The Lab we will be bringing home in December will be a male Black Lab, his name will be Hunter! He was born on my husband and I's 8th anniversary too! We are excited and we are excited for our girls to be involved in the puppy stage too, Summer was already 3/4 years old when they were born!
    HUNTER 10/15/2012
    11/1/2004-09/26/2012