Greetings from VA!

Thread: Greetings from VA!

LukeandDixiesMama is offline Junior Member

Red faceGreetings from VA!

Okay so I am going to start by saying "hi old friends"! Many if not all will probably not remember me but I definitely remember this board fondly! I started back in 09 when we got our first lab, Luke out in CA. My screen name was something like Lukesmama I believe. He's a chocolate and is now THREE! We lost our mix Rylie back in April to Cancer and are hanging on dearly to our other mix Cody who is now almost 15 and not doing well at all. We have since moved home with the service to VA. And life is finally slowing down a bit. Oh my how time flies.

Well we have new news and I have been like a new mom reading anything and everything on labby babies even though I SHOULD already know by now how to raise one LOL. This time we got a black lab, and her name is Dixie. Her birthday was July 2, 2012 so that makes her about 14 weeks give or take. She is a wild woman. Nothing like our mild mannered, nervous pervous Luke was. I love it though. I appreciate her sass and spunk. I am excited to be back on the boards...family life and a demanding special needs child pulled me a way for way too long (excuses excuses I know) but I hope you'll welcome me back! Excited to hear about all the pups old and new. I've already spent many a nite reading up on all of the fur babies...laughs as well as tears (hugs to those going through tough times) and decided I just couldn't resist rejoining you if you'd have me! Mandy

Here's Dixie: (I'll try to get a pic of the other two when I can.)
    photo (2).jpg
    Last edited by LukeandDixiesMama; 10-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yogi'sDad is offline Junior Member

Dixie is beautiful.. I just joined the boards with our new boy Yogi. We had the best girl growing up, Black Lab Koko.. So finally years later I have my own boy to raise with the family, got our work cut out for us I'm sure! Good luck with yours! I am glad I found this site.. Lots of useful info!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome back!! Dixie is a beauty!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LukeandDixiesMama is offline Junior Member

Thank you both! Pam, your babies are just precious in your signature photo and congrats to Yogi'sDad! They are such a fun addition to the family. I will admit though, Dixie's giving me a run for my money! We were spoiled with our other lab, he's always been really good about about just chewing his toys, not Dixie! Today she ate the window sill in our new house in literally a matter of 3-5 mins when I ran to take care of something, this is only two weeks after eating the corner of one of our kitchen cabinets. We really do supervise her, she is FAST...thank heavens for wood putty!

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Welcome back!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Dixie is just adorable - those eyes!!!

tismom is offline Senior Member

Welcome back and welcome, Dixie.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Welcome back to the forum. Dixie is adorable.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."