Help with puppy
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with puppy

Xycodie is offline Member

DefaultHelp with puppy

We recently got a new lab mix with pittbull she is crazy my family told me if she tries to bite slap her across the mouth i dont know what to do she is not potty trained she will go beserk indoors or out this is what she does when she goes beserk she runs bites things and people and jumps while barking i dont know what to do she isnt crate trained if we put her in there she whines constantly also she got fixed recently and we dont want her to go beserk my parents dont follow through on the training so i need help now

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the board.

DO NOT hit this dog, please!
    Advise your parents it will create a fearful dog, and if she bites in the future out of nervousness or fear it will be entirely their fault and they risk her being put to sleep if she bites. Physical correction such as this only increases the chance of a dog that will bite and harm someone.

How old is she?

And sorry, how old are you?

Everyone needs to be on board with the training for the dog's benefit and the family's.

For biting - you can hold her muzzle (gently) and say "No Bite" OR you can ignore her, walk away from her everytime she bites say "No Bite" and don't pay attention to her, go back... if she bites again, repeat. Select one method and stick to it -- changing methods will cause confusion for the dog.

Potty -- depending on how old she is her bladder may be quite small, if she is a pup under 6 months you may have to take her out every 30min or so. Do not scold her when she potties inside as they don't understand it is because they went in the house -- they think it is because they pottied. Praise her tremendously when she does potty outside. If she has accidents inside, clean it right away use a strong cleaner like Natures Miracle to remove the smell otherwise she will go where she smells it. No slapping, and no rubbing her nose in her poop/pee. This does not work.

Exercise -- she sounds hyper, she needs to be tuckered out via exercise. Without knowing how old she is, I'll reserve further advice as you have to be careful how strenuous the exercise is for puppies.

Jumping -- try leashing her, attach the leash around your waist so she is tethered to you. This will help control her, and let her know she needs to follow you around. If she tries to jump you can tug the leash (gently) to let her know that is wrong, and say "No Jump"

Crate -- just like a baby you will have to ignore her when she cries in the crate. But she needs to be properly exercised and pottied before she goes in there.

You see she is five months and i didnt know the age limit for the forum so made the year a bit older i needed help really bad so i had too please dont report me this is desperation

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

But the my puppy she hasnt properly met our cat advice on that?

The cats 13

deidra is offline Senior Member

I am only 15 so there really isn't an age limit I would think. Anyway Roxy(Diesel_dog) gave great advice. For the cats teach her "leave it" if she is messing with them. When you do let them meet make sure you exercised your pup before letting them meet. Keep her on a leash while they meet.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

First there is only one second my mom took the cat (named foxy) and put her in a cage amd tried to let schnitzel (my puppy) to sniff her. Also schnitzel whenever she sees foxy she yelps and foxy runs my mom moved foxys box in the basement but whenever schnitzel sees her she still goes bezerk and we dont want her stitches to open wat do i do?

There is only one cat When ever schitzel (the puppy) sees foxy (the cat) she goes bezerk tries to chase her and yelps too to greet eachother my mom put foxy in a cage and soon schnitzel calmed down but still when schnitzel goes bezerk around fox what should i do shnitzels five months and recently got fixed we dont want her stitches to open wat do i do

Im 12

Heres mostly what she looks like pitbull lab mix puppies - Google Search

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast