New Here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Here.

REW29 is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew Here.

Hi, I'm just new to this website, and joined because I have a love for labs.

My Chocolate Lab, Daisy, is three years old, and one of my best friends.

love her.jpgdollface.jpg

She's great, love my lab.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Your Daisy is a beauty! Where are you located?
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Hi Pam, I live in NC. Almost in VA.

Thanks, Your dogs look like cutie pies too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

The chocolate girl is our Sophie. The boxer is my son's dog, Skye. They do love each other, and Sophie loves it when Skye comes to visit.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

They look like they have fun, My lab plays with my sisters dogs often. They both weigh about only 10 pounds so that's fun to watch.

kaykay is offline Senior Member

welcome!
    Kristin

jayson

laika

Viky87 is offline Junior Member

Hello!! I'm Virginia and I join this forum because I love so so much Labradors!!!I do love animals in general and obviously all kind of dogs but I'm in love with Lab!!!I'd like to have one or 2 the next year but before I want to be prepared collecting all kind of information!! Could all of you help me???

I'd like to have 2 littermates....but everybody says that it's not a good idea....I do want to dedicate my life to them but I'm scared not to look at their well being....help me!!!!!

Mike Richards is offline Senior Member

Hello from the uk and welcome. Two Puppies at one time would be a nightmare and i have had Dogs all my adult life. I would suggest that you get the one, then when trained and grown up get the second if the first one will let you. This will be easier with the training as the Pup will learn from the older dog. My Axel was 2.5 years when we got Ozzy but only when they met and Axel was comfortable around him, this was to make sure that they would get on. Its the best thing i have done as the bond between them seems to be good (so far)...
    Ozzy Born 19th March 2012

Axel Born 19th Aug 2009

Never moon a werewolf....

Viky87 is offline Junior Member

TalkingThanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Richards View Post
    Hello from the uk and welcome. Two Puppies at one time would be a nightmare and i have had Dogs all my adult life. I would suggest that you get the one, then when trained and grown up get the second if the first one will let you. This will be easier with the training as the Pup will learn from the older dog. My Axel was 2.5 years when we got Ozzy but only when they met and Axel was comfortable around him, this was to make sure that they would get on. Its the best thing i have done as the bond between them seems to be good (so far)...
    They are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!you are very lucky:-)
    When I thought about this at the beginning I was just thinking that together they could play and enjoy better than if I leave just one alone at home but yesterday I started to read about bringing home two littermates and everybody agrees with you.... I just want to do the right thing for the dog... And having a natural company sometimes it's better... And I totally understand that this it's not the right thing to do...
    So in you opinion, Mike, can be a good idea taking one puppy first and then after more than one year taking another one?! They don't bond to each other like if they are littermates, do they? I definitely want to train correctly the dogs so yes the first can give the example to the puppy but I don't know if the relationship between them can became like in the case of littermates... What's your experience in this case??
    :-) :-)
    Thanks for the advice!!!!

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

Hello from Cyprus and welcome to the forum.

@Rew29: Your chocolate lab is gorgeous.

@Viky: I agree with Mike. Get the first dog first and after he matures enough and well trained then get the second one. It would be much more easier for you. I also want a second lab but I have been advised (from this forum) to wait until Cassie is mature enough to accept the new lab and will be able to train the new pup.

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast