Searching for Pearl , Hello
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for Pearl , Hello

ghosthunter is offline Junior Member

DefaultSearching for Pearl , Hello

Hello first time here. My lab of 13 years passed this july and i am on the search for my next pup. Her name will be Pearl. I live in Washington State and looking for a pup that fits all or most of my requirements with in a 1000 miles of Mount Vernon WA. Oregon, Idaho, Montana.

Here is what I am looking for.

WANTED YELLOW LAB PUP FEMALE

I am a veteran lab owner . I owned my first lab for 13 years before she died of old age. I am now looking for my 2nd lab pup. The pup must fit all or most of the following requirements.

Pup will be trained by me for hunting waterfowl & upland. 60 days a year.

Yellow Lab, English line.

Blocky

Light in color the lighter the better.

AKC certs Limited OK.

I pick up pup on 7th -8 week.

Would like to see both parents. (Prefer at least one parent to be proven hunter)

All passing health certs.

Dew claws removed and shots.

I want to pick my own pup from females available.

I want to name my own pup including registered name.

I am not interested in breeding or having puppies. New pup will be spayed soon as possible.

I am not interested in filling out questionnaires of any kind. I am a one dog guy with a excellent reputation for caring for my dog. And have references to back it up. I offer a home for life, excellent food, medical care and commitment.

Dog will be ran in some hunt tests and 5 or 10 series to keep tuned up.

If you think you have a pup for me, please contact me.

I am in no hurry and have no time frame. I am looking for the right dog for me, however long that takes.

Bobby
    [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

...are you really a ghost hunter? Have you seen orbs or something?

Good luck with puppy search.

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

What is your reason for not wanting to fill out a questionaire? Many of the reputable breeders use them to help place the pup that best fits YOUR lifestyle. A reputable breeder has spent 8 weeks with the puppies and knows them very well, the breeder is best suited to guide you to the correct puppy. I am not a breeder but I feel some of what you are asking will insult many reputable breeders and will keep you from getting a quality puppy. Are you not willing to do what the breeder requires? If not you may want to prepare yourself for an inferior puppy from a less than reputable and unethical breeder. Also, spaying ASAP is not recommended, allowing the puppy to grow completely is desireable - 12 to 18 months and dew claws do not need to be removed. One last thing, you want a "bench type" of Lab unless you are actually going to England to get a pup. You have done some of your homewok and sound like you will be a good Lab parent but you need to relax some of your requirements if you really want a quality dog fom an ethical and reputable breeder. Good luck to you.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Ditto to what Tammy said.

Few things that set alarms off for me.... English, remove dewclaws, want to pick my own pup from females available, spay ASAP, not interested in filling out questionnaire... all prefaced with "veteran lab owner"?

Not sure if you are aware, but breeders kind of run the show with respect to potential forever homes for their pups. They can't prevent you from removing dew claws or spaying asap once she is in your possession, but knowing that is what you want to do & reluctance to follow procedures - questionnaire, letting the breeder select your pup - if I were a breeder and read this, I wouldn't even bother entertaining you with a response for educational purposes as I feel you wouldn't take to it.

JMO.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Dawg View Post
    ...spay ASAP...
    Hang on, folks. I didn't see where he said he wasn't going to wait until the dog was done growing before he had her spayed. ASAP could very well have meant as soon as she has matured.

To the OP, first- I'm sorry for the loss of your Lab. I do have some concerns about some of what you said. One being you want a Lab for hunting and trials. There aren't a lot of bench/show bred Labs that can meet that requirement. I think what you want is a middle of the road type Lab. Something that falls right in the middle of the bench and field bred ones.

Having had 1 Lab doesn't make you a veternan, it makes you somewhat experienced. Anyone can have 1 dog. It's what you did with your dog that makes you a veternan. Caleb is my 3rd Lab in over 30 years, and I'm still learning new things about the breed. I'm not trying to knock you down, just explain. What things on your list are "set in stone", and which would you be willing to let go?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
    Hang on, folks. I didn't see where he said he wasn't going to wait until the dog was done growing before he had her spayed. ASAP could very well have meant as soon as she has matured.
    True, but given the other items that raised a flag and considering himself a veteran lab owner after one lab, I would err (and even assume) on the side of caution that he is perhaps not that well informed in that aspect either. With the other items I mentioned, I opted to not give benefit of the doubt he knows the proper time to spay. Seems reasonable to me?

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the board.
    This is not a board for breeders so you won't have anyone here sending you an e-mail with pups available. If some bot scans this post you may get an e-mail from a byb or puppy mill so beware. We are all lab enthousiats and while there are a few breeders who may post, they won't be finding their puppy buyers by requests on the board.

We can, however, help by suggesting some good breeders in your area and helping you on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Dew claws removed and shots.

I want to pick my own pup from females available.

I want to name my own pup including registered name.

I am not interested in filling out questionnaires of any kind. I am a one dog guy with a excellent reputation for caring for my dog. And have references to back it up. I offer a home for life, excellent food, medical care and commitment.

Bobby
    [email protected]

These items mean you pretty much removed MANY ethical, good breeder from your list. The breeder doesn't "know" you personally so you will have no choice but to complete a questionnaire. No if and or buts. You may find a breeder willing to go thru it with you over the phone but that would be above and beyond what I expect.

Is it possibly you need to take a step back and see things from a breeder's point of view? That maybe some of your requirements are not "must have's" if you find a good breeder with dogs you like? Yes we need to have a list of what we want in a dog-breeder but maybe you need to fine tune your "must have" and move some of the above to "nice to have's"?

I would also be careful how you approach the breeder on your first contact. Some of the items you state come on aggressive and may turn off a breeder that has great dogs just like you want. I am NOT saying to treat them like a god and with "white gloves" just to be more relaxed in your approach and not list all these demands.

Lastly, if you want a lab from more hunt lines, maybe see if there is a retriever club or hunt club in your area and contact them or the breeders involved in that club.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by mistarkos View Post
    ...are you really a ghost hunter? Have you seen orbs or something?

Good luck with puppy search.
    Wrong kind of ghosts. I hunt and wild animals are often like ghosts, there one minute gone the next.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    What is your reason for not wanting to fill out a questionaire? Many of the reputable breeders use them to help place the pup that best fits YOUR lifestyle. A reputable breeder has spent 8 weeks with the puppies and knows them very well, the breeder is best suited to guide you to the correct puppy. I am not a breeder but I feel some of what you are asking will insult many reputable breeders and will keep you from getting a quality puppy. Are you not willing to do what the breeder requires? If not you may want to prepare yourself for an inferior puppy from a less than reputable and unethical breeder. Also, spaying ASAP is not recommended, allowing the puppy to grow completely is desireable - 12 to 18 months and dew claws do not need to be removed. One last thing, you want a "bench type" of Lab unless you are actually going to England to get a pup. You have done some of your homewok and sound like you will be a good Lab parent but you need to relax some of your requirements if you really want a quality dog fom an ethical and reputable breeder. Good luck to you.

This site may have been a mistake but I am willing to give it a try. I am what I say. A very good dog owner. I had one lab in my life and I kept her in perfect shape and health for 13 years of her life which is a long life for a lab. I am not intrested in a questionaire because they serve no purpose except to allow some breeders to feel good about selling a dog. Some puppy contracts are nuts, you have to feed this,you cannot do that, One contract from a very well know breeder said I had to feed NuVet. Another that if anything happen to me the dog had to returned to the breeder not stay in my family. You are right I myself have crossed off breeders who have these stupid contracts which cannot and will not be enforced in any court.

I am a person who does what he says and my word is my word. I could lie on any contract and questionaire and no breeder would do a thing. I think breeders can be of help when picking a pup and should be but I do not think in my case think the breeder can determin who I am and what kind of owner I will be by some questionare. And than force their will on me with a nutso contract. I have clearly stated my plans in my list.

Everything I do health wise is guided by my vet. When it is time to spayed the dog will be spayed.
    I also think that back yard breeders and puppy mills are a product created by some breeders. I posted on here one time. And most of the posts are attacking me.
    I asked for English Line. Yes they are a bench model to most but not all. My last dog was English line she hunted excellent. There are good breeders trying to cross between bench and field.
    My last dog I took through JH. I know many lab people in my area but cannot find the pup I want.
    I am sorry for setting off all your "alarms" I thought maybe someone point me to a good breeder.

Dew claw removal is a standard practice for hunting dogs at puppy age by every breeder I know. I have seen a dog in the feild with its dew claw ripped because someone did not want to remove them as a puppy. It is not nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast