New to JL.

Thread: New to JL.

Sarahrose is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew to JL.

2010 Sarah.jpgI lost my girl Sarah Rose of 11yrs over a week ago. She was my first dog ever and what a perfect friend she was to me. I did not realize what I had until she was gone. She has taught me more in her absence than she did in her presence. That was my fault. You sometimes take things for granted until you don't have them anymore. I have enjoyed this forum so much. I wish I had known about it before now. I didn't think I would ever want another dog because she was the best. But there is a part of me that wants that type of love again. I am not going to do anything anytime soon. Right now I am enjoying all the wonderful memories I have of my sweet Sarah Rose.
    Last edited by Sarahrose; 07-06-2012 at 12:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

You had a beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss. We lost out 12 yr old Maggiemay last May. We were devastated. It happened suddenly. She had an abdominal aneurysm that burst. We had no clue she even had it. At first I thought I could never love another dog like I did our sweet Maggie. After a week or so, I was thinking I just wanted the pain to stop. I had cried a thousand tears. We began to look and found a breeder. We got our dumpling Sophie in June. We named her and got lots of pictures and a video while we waited for her to get to 8 weeks old. She has helped us so much with our grief. There I times I still cry for our old girl. I will forever miss her. But Sophie has established herself well within my heart and has helped so much. I think you will want another dog when you are ready. Where are you located?
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Mike Richards is offline Senior Member

When i lost my first Dog Marley (Cocker Spaniel), it took me four years before i could get another Dog, When we lost Hugo i found Axel within 3 weeks, You will get another when the time is right..

So sorry for your loss.
    Ozzy Born 19th March 2012

Axel Born 19th Aug 2009

Never moon a werewolf....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss. It sucks to lose our babies but it would be much worse if we never experienced the unconditional love a dog brings to our lives. Keep your memories forever in your heart and you will know when the time is right to get another.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Sarahrose is offline Junior Member

SmileThank you all so much

You all are so sweet and encouraging. Thank you for your support. This is what I love about JL. I think our labs have rubbed off on us and made us better people. I live in Mount Juliet, TN...which is right outside of Nashville. If anyone knows of a good breeder in this area I would love to know about it. Thanks again for your words.

August is offline Member

I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful and looked so sweet.
    Pax vobiscum

bett is offline Senior Member

sorry for your loss.

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

She was a beauty. Sorry that you lost her. It is never time enough. Welcome to the forum.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

morla is offline Senior Member

Aw man. I am so sorry. That is very very hard to overcome that. Enjoy your memories of your girl.
    SIMON