Hello! from Puerto Rico

Thread: Hello! from Puerto Rico

RJ26 is offline Junior Member

CoolHello! from Puerto Rico

Hello everyone I bought this puppy(32 days old) two days ago for my boys. I have two kids with autism and many people say that this breed is good for kids with special needs. I'm not 100% sure if is pure,because it has a small white spot on the chest and the breeder does not have AKC papers. I guess that for $125 it was worth trying. I'm also new to this breed and that's why I'm here...to learn from you guys. We're feeding him with Royal Canin Mini Starter dry food. Is that a good brand? Thanks & take care...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Why do you have him this young? He's under 5 weeks old. He's way to young to be separated from his mother. Getting a puppy that young can make for more problems with socialization. They learn so much from their mother and littermates. White under the neck is common with purebred labs.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

deidra is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    Why do you have him this young? He's under 5 weeks old. He's way to young to be separated from his mother. Getting a puppy that young can make for more problems with socialization. They learn so much from their mother and littermates. White under the neck is common with purebred labs.
    Sounds like he got the pup from a BYB. Welcome!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

BYB for sure
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Mike Richards is offline Senior Member

Hello and first of all welcome, as the other posts say that pup is way to young to be away from Mum. You need to get him/her back if you can for a few weeks at least. If you are unable to do this you are going to have a lot of work on your hands. Your pup needs not only a lot of loving (easy part) but also socialization. Socialization will be the hard part because this will have to be constant which will take up a lot of your time. With this in mind your pup will not of had any of his/her inoculations so should not be near strange Dogs until they are done.

Please keep us posted on what you decide and on the pups progress. Good luck

As for the white bite i can trace Ozzy back and he is a true blood Lab..

IMG_5122.jpg
    Ozzy Born 19th March 2012

Axel Born 19th Aug 2009

Never moon a werewolf....

Thank You guys for the comments. Now I have a lot of time to socialize the dog and I will take him to the vet for the vaccines. We will keep the puppy and do anything to make sure he stay healthy. Next time I'll do more research if I want to get another dog in the future. Thanks again & take care!

deidra is offline Senior Member

before you let him meet with every dog on the street make sure he is fully vaccinated. he can be around dogs(family, friends) dogs that you know are vaccinated,though.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Quote Originally Posted by deidra View Post
    before you let him meet with every dog on the street make sure he is fully vaccinated. he can be around dogs(family, friends) dogs that you know are vaccinated,though.
    Ok! I will, he is 33 days old now. I have to wait until he is 6 weeks old for the vaccines?