Brand New Member... Hello!!

Thread: Brand New Member... Hello!!

RoxyRoo is offline Junior Member

CoolBrand New Member... Hello!!

Hi all! My husband and I have just come across this site. We are somewhat new to labradors. We have only just begun to truly appreciate this breed. We got our first lab mix in 2007, shortly followed by a yellow lab named Jack in May 2008. My husband is new to being a "dog person" as he grew up with cats, but I have grown up with dogs my entire life. I truly have to say that labradors are the most enjoyable breed of dog I have ever had experience with, and it was pure accident that we got labs. Our lab mix, Teddy, was a "free to a good home" dog that our day care provider was placing due to needing to find a home for him where he would get more attention and be allowed in the house more. Our Jack was a birthday gift for both my husband and I as we have May birthdays.

To make a long story short, our Jack turned out to be a truly amazing member of our family. Very smart, very loveable, and with his own unique... dare I say almost human, personality. Sadly, we lost Jack this spring. However, we now have a new lab. A spoiled rotten little Chocolate girl named Roxy. Jack was a wonderful pet and companion, but we are hoping to go even further with Roxy and start adventuring into more adventurous territory. We have been diligently doing basic training with her daily. Hoping to learn much more about her, the labrador breed, and perhaps try to get her into the show ring. Not sure what yet, just dabbling with the idea.

Pictures to come eventually! Hoping to learn a lot on here, talk to you all really soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome! I am so sorry for your loss of Jack, that is awfully young. I have a lab and a lab/border collie mix. I have had labs all my life and can't imagine my home without one. Good luck with Roxy, I look forward to seeing pics of both your babies!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome! How old is little Roxy? I am so sorry for your loss, we lost our sweet 12 yr old Maggiemay last May. I know what you are going through. Roxy will help with your grief. Sophie sure has helped us get through losing Maggie. Jack was young, that had to have been a shock. Again, welcome Michigan!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Our little Roxy is just now 4 months old... just getting her official license! (I always think about Lady and the Tramp when Lady gets her license...LOL) She is so laid back, and just so so smart! She amazes us every day!

My mix is a black lab/cocker spaniel mix. Sounds like a crazy mix, but he has every bit of stubborness of a Cocker Spaniel, all the smarts and personality of a lab, and weighs in at about 55 pounds full grown. He is 9 years old and beginning to get some gray on his chin and paws. Love him dearly, he looks more lab than cocker spaniel.

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Was Jack a pup when you got him. What happened to him. Always sad to loose one. Welcome and enjoy your new pup.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Unfortunately Jack got loose and was hit by a car. It was a lot of bad curcumstances all in one day. He got loose, it was an extremely foggy day, so the car probably didn't see him and he probably didn't see the car... Absolutely terrible terrible terrible. Fortunately, it didn't look like he suffered long, it was instant.
    ~Laurie~