I'm new to this site.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm new to this site.

maxtinksadie is offline Member

DefaultI'm new to this site.

Hi. I just found this site and would like feedback on certain things other breeders and people do with their labs. I have been raisig labs for 15yrs . We have a 6yr old Yellow male (Max), a 3yr old silver female (Sadie) and a 10 week old Fox Red female named Cabela. Sadie has had her hips OFA'd (good) and she is clear on EIC and CM.Max and Sadie have had 2 litters together and what beautiful pups.
    Last edited by maxtinksadie; 04-18-2012 at 08:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=maxtinksadie;1738071]Hi. I just found this site and would like feedback on certain things other breeders and people do with their labs. I have been raisig labs for 15yrs . We have a 6yr old Yellow male (Max), a 3yr old silver female (Sadie) and a 10 week old Fox Red female named Cabela. Sadie has had her hips OFA'd (good) and she is clear on EIC and CM.Max and Sadie have had 2 litters together and what beautiful pups.
    Last edited by maxtinksadie; 04-18-2012 at 08:34 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

the minute you say that you have a "silver", you've probably lost more than just me.
    you've studded out your male and now are having his hips checked?
    i'm confused.

Yes. I have a silver lab,it is just a color. All labs are beautiful. I have been planning on getting his hips done for a while. Anyway, is this a bash site, or is it for the people that want to discuss labs.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Why would you stud your dog out without having his hips checked? Have you had other clearances on him or were you just chancing it?
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

You studded out your dog without the proper health checks, you have a silver "lab" you are breeding and you are calling this a "bashing site"?? I am more than confused, I am disgusted.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

wow. I'll be honest and say your post reads like a troll post. but just in case...

I suggest you do abit of searching on the board for the topics "silver labs" and "picking a breeder". you will see that the board's (in general) consensus is that silver labs should not be bred. I think we are a few generations on so some of them may be a few generations of "lab" (i.e. the weim is far back that it wouldn't appear in testing). but the labrador club of america, that SETS the standard for the akc, does not recognize them nor do they legitimize the practice of registering a silver as "chocolate" with the akc. Furthermore, when people ask what to look for in a breeder, what makes a breeder "good" and not just a random byb the board will recommend ensuring BOTH parents have ALL their clearances (hips, elbows, eye, heart, cmn, eic, etc.) prior to breeding and that both parents compete in some venue (field, hunt, conformation, obedience, agility). Not having all of that pretty much means the "breeder" is simply adding to the pet overpopulation (labs are the most over bred dog and some are put to sleep each and every day simply because there are not enough homes for all of them - yes pure bred ones like the ones you created) and to the health issues that plague the breed.

So, you bred without doing your homework, cut a bunch of corners and now got caught. Do you KNOW if any of the other litters have hip issues? maybe this is just the first one to track you down? And even if a dog has good hips they can still put out affected puppies - that doesn't excuse them.

Call the owners of the puppies from the other litters. Get his hips AND ELBOWS AND HEART AND EYE tested. then PROVE HIM IN A VENUE - why is he better than any other lab? why should HE be bred? what is he adding to the labrador population? then maybe, MAYBE you can consider breeding him again.

Breed right or don'T breed at all - there are already too many labs being put to sleep because of people who do half ass jobs.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Before you go any further, maxtinksadie, you might want to do a search on this site for "silver labs" and see what the discussion has been like. If you choose to wade back in talking about your choices and BYB status - have at it.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxtinksadie View Post
    Anyway, is this a bash site, or is it for the people that want to discuss labs.
    LOL !!! I take it you are asking as you've been bashed before... for some... odd... reason??!! Troll.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast