New here from the Mitten!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here from the Mitten!!

DefaultNew here from the Mitten!!

Hey all!! My names Amanda and Im from the great state of Michigan Im new to the forum and so far I love it! So much great information on here!!

I got my baby girl Gemma on Valentines Day She got her name from the show Sons of Anarchy. The coolest and baddest lead female actress Katy Sagal for those of you familiar with it plays the character Gemma. Anywho she is an AKC Black Lab. Super gorgeous and WAY too smart for 12 weeks lol. She is practically already potty trained which is awesome. The only thing that I cant stand is the love of putting everything in her mouth. I am constently pulling rocks and all sorts of not so goodies outta her mouth. I know that it will probably be a while before she gives that habit up. She is also super toy crazy especially ones with squeakers! I have to consitently keep an eye on her though so she isnt chewig toys up and ingesting them.

My poor baby was orphaned at only a couple weeks old. So we got her at 6 weeks. (too early but with no mama and already on puppy chow they were ready for new homes) Shes been a great pup so far and knows who her pack leader is. I cant wait till shes bigger when its warmer out bc I just know she is gonna be water crazy! Her dad is a dock jumping champion (22 or 23 feet I believe is his record here in MI) and I can already tell she has inherited the "skill" from him. She is quite the leaper already.. as much as we try to not let her do that too soon sometimes you cant stop her quick enough.

Me and my boyfriend have been deciding on getting a dog for a couple years now. It recently came down to a Black Labrador or a Blue nose pitbull. I am SOOO happy we (as in me coaxing my boyfriend) decided on her. She will be able to do all the fun things we like to do with us.. such as swimming, hiking, camping etc..
    Last edited by Lab_Luver_Furever; 03-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

Mt first beloved dog Bailey on her last day with us. Run free girl!
    You will always have a special place in my heart!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Beautiful girl

Thank you! You got some really gorgeous labs as well!
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaykay is offline Senior Member

welcome! your girl is so cute!
    Kristin

jayson

laika

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

She's a beaut but as for the putting things in their mouth, that's what labs do. You just have to give her things that she is allowed to have in her mouth such as toys rather than things she isn't allowed to have. Lab's love to carry things around.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

She is such a beautiful girl. Plan on digging "things" out of her mouth for quite some time! Somedays I feel like all I say is "leave it"! BTW - welcome!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

kb7kuh is offline Member

Very cute little lady.

Welcome to the forum!
    Don & Judy

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Gemma is a cutie!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I love the name Gemma! I totally LOVE Sons of Anarchy!!! My fave show for sure!! As far as Gemma putting stuff in her mouth....it's the labby way! We would not let Sophie outside unsupervised for the longest time! She put everything in her mouth! Ask your vet...ours tells us all kinds of funny stories about the strange things labbys have injested! Be careful with the squeeker toys. That little squeeker is just the right size to choke a pup! Sophie makes it her job to tear up the toy and get to that squeeker! We found the Kong Wooba has a squeeky ball and while she does manage to mutilate the cloth part, the ball doesn't have an actual squeeker that comes out, so its safe. Sophie loves to run through the house squeeking with every step! Sophie loves water too. Her kiddie pool is out back and is full of rain water right now. She loves to play in it even when its only 40 degrees outside! Welcome to out forum, I hope you like it here.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast