Kind of New Puppy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kind of New Puppy

Sgtfirstwife is offline Junior Member

DefaultKind of New Puppy

Hi,
    I am new to this forum. We are house full of pets. First there is my husband and four children, three boys, 3 and twin 5 year olds. My daughter will be 11 in May. We have a Lizzard, Hershey, 5 cats C.C, Jingles, Cookie, Munchkins, Cupcake and two dogs Licorice Shih Tzu and our newest addition Moxie who is a Lab/Chow mix, who is around 6 months old we think.

We were visiting Petsmart a few weeks back and they had a bunch of rescue groups there. My kids love to look at all the dogs and cats. I had already told them no more living things in our house. Famous last words. So in one of the cages there was this cute little yellow dog. The lady took it out and let the kids pet it. She was really shy, but friendly. I got to talking to her foster mom and she was telling me what a great dog she was. Seems she was pulled from a kill shelter. Someone had dumped her there because her eyelids were were sealed together, I guess it was a birth defect.the kill shelter had deemed her unadoptable and placed her in a back room to die. The humane society found her. She had her eyes operated on, along with all her shots and was spaded.

The kids started their usual begging. It was not a matter of room because we live in a 163 year old farmhouse on 20 acres of land. So after much going back and forth, with a lot of promises, she came home with us. We are still adjusting. Our little dog is a little scared of her. Moxie is just trying to play, but she can get a little carried away. Moxie also was a bit aggressive with her bones, but we worked on it and she is getting better. She is crate trained.

I think she will be great for our family. It is a day by day thing, but she is fitting in nicely. The boys love her. I like to take walks, so she makes a good walking buddy.

Sorry for the long post. I am really glad to have found this board. I love reading all the different stories.
    As soon as I can figure out how to attach a picture from my iPad, I will share her photo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Thanks for rescuing Cant wait for pics
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

kaykay is offline Senior Member

welcome!
    Kristin

jayson

laika

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

hi and welcome.
    sounds like a fun house!!

Garth is offline Registered Users

Interesting mix. Does she have the Chow blue/black tongue? We definitely need pics!

The scumbag from that shelter that left her to die should be locked up & left to die themselves. God I hate some people! Are her eyes fully open? Is her sight OK?

This thread tells you how to post pics:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...otobucket.html

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

welcome! Thank you for giving her a new home. Cant wait to see pics!

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome! It sounds like you have quite a menagerie! We have 2 dogs, our labby Sophie will be 11 months on Tuesday, our toy poodle is 16 yrs old, we have two cats, Luigi and Libby. We had a rabbit named Mario, but lost him to bee stings not long ago. Mario was very special, and thought he was a cat. He played with the cats all the time. We also have a goldfish named Bobble.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtfirstwife View Post
    Hi,

Moxie also was a bit aggressive with her bones, but we worked on it and she is getting better. She is crate trained.

Sorry for the long post. I am really glad to have found this board. I love reading all the different stories.
    As soon as I can figure out how to attach a picture from my iPad, I will share her photo.
    We had a little trouble with Sophie when she was younger when we gave her a real raw beef bone. She actually snapped at us! We found out that dogs can go "primal" when it comes to raw bones. We took it away and did not allow her to have any of them till she was better trained. Now, we have no problems.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Welcome and thanks for taking Moxie home with you. I love to hear about a hard luck story that ends up a winner. I enjoyed your story. We only have an 11 year old cat and a a 4 year old black lab. That may be enough.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast