Hello!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

2boysandagirl is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello!

Hi there! I am new to the site and hope to gain much needed help, advice and knowledge here.
    We have a 2yo Lab, and two, 12 week- brother/sister, puppies. I am feeling slightly insane these days, but love every second. We hope to have a long, fun life with our new fury friends!!

Married 21 years, mom to 5 children, 4 chickens, 2 ducks, and 3 fury Labs!

Surrogate to B/G twins 2007
    Surrogate to baby girl 2011
    Would love to help another family!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! You will find lots of nice people and loads of great help here! 2 puppies! You have your hands full!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You will find lots of nice people and loads of great help here! 2 puppies! You have your hands full!
    I definitely have my hands full!! Hello from a former Oregonian. We used to live just outside of Ptld. in Beaverton. I miss it!!

Quote Originally Posted by deidra View Post
    Welcome!
    Thank you!

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Oh My Goodness - you are BRAVE!! Coming from a household of a 14 year old lab, a two year old lab and a two year old Shih Tzu cross, I can only imagine what having two lab puppies is like, plus a two year old!! Your sig pic is very cute - but would love to see more pics of your crew - WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by tkeizer View Post
    Oh My Goodness - you are BRAVE!! Coming from a household of a 14 year old lab, a two year old lab and a two year old Shih Tzu cross, I can only imagine what having two lab puppies is like, plus a two year old!! Your sig pic is very cute - but would love to see more pics of your crew - WELCOME!
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Crazy, but the puppies actually made our two year old calm down a lot! He gets sibling play now ... one puppy hangs off his tail and the other tackling his head. They have a great time romping around with each other! I am wondering how that's going to go if they all end up weighing 100lbs (like the two year old does).
    Attached Images Attached Images

deidra is offline Senior Member

Adorable!!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

welcome! Love the pic of the pups asleep, nose to nose. I thnk you must be insane to take on 2 puppies at the same time LOL! I admire your bravery. Please continue to post pics and keep us informed on how they are doing.

(never had sibling pups myself, but my MIL has my Harveys sibling and they spend a lot of time together. One thing i learn't (from here) was the importance of having seperate time when each of them, otherwise their bond with each other will be stronger than the bond they have with you. You need the bond to be stronger with you so that they will listen to commands etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by HarveysMum View Post
    welcome! Love the pic of the pups asleep, nose to nose. I thnk you must be insane to take on 2 puppies at the same time LOL! I admire your bravery. Please continue to post pics and keep us informed on how they are doing.

(never had sibling pups myself, but my MIL has my Harveys sibling and they spend a lot of time together. One thing i learn't (from here) was the importance of having seperate time when each of them, otherwise their bond with each other will be stronger than the bond they have with you. You need the bond to be stronger with you so that they will listen to commands etc.)
    Thanks! Insane I am! LOL! ....Actually, it is going FAR better than I had expected!!! I have great pups with super mellow personalities. They definitely act like puppies when playing together, and when trying to chew the house apart, but aside from that, are pretty calm. We are in our third week of puppy classes and have already been groomed. Bailey even got her nails painted. ;-)
    They are doing great with sitting, "leave it", "wait", and eating from only their own bowl while all 3 dogs eat at the same time. Harley (black pup) is really good at fetching and returning it to me, while Bailey (yellow/white) fetches but runs anywhere BUT to me with the balls! LOL. Lose leash walking is going so so.
    Thanks for the advice! I will try to get more pics up soon. It's sooo hard to get good ones of the black pup since he turns out so dark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast