Hello

Thread: Hello

cuteypiepuppy is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello

I will be getting a 8 week old lab puppy tomorrow around 4pm.

I'm ordering the following for him:
    Large Breed Puppy Starter Kit, Puppy Kits | PetSolutions

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2NTW7IRUDN056

Puppy Gift Bag Starter Kit all you need in 1 bag collar leash toys brush etc | eBay

He is going to be spoiled.

also ordered a clicker and a labrador retrievers for dummies book(i love the dummy books lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

congrats

I probably wouldn't bother with the second one - puppy pads are not the best way to train and you can probably get a better deal getting the rest separately. And there are items in the third package I wouldn't give my dog (mostly everything on the second photo).
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

another picture of the puppy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Cute pup!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

never had a problem using puppy pads with any of my fosters. i take the used puppy pad put it outside where i want the puppy to go and usually they pick up rather quickly.
    what in the second package? what i dont want i will end up giving to spca.

i wouldnt use the can of dog food, or the bansect stuff. i'd probably donate it. i havent ordered it yet so its not a sure thing the first kit i really like.

morla is offline Senior Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here!
    SIMON

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! Adorable puppy! Let's see, about the stuff you are buying...the first thing, be very careful about the treats you buy. NEVER buy anything made in China. There have been dog deaths from the junk in the treats, especially the chicken treats from there. I would always want to read ingredients as well. Buying anything the dog would injest without knowing the contents can be risky. Also, rawhide can be dangerous. Puppies can chew off a chunk and choke, and some have been associated with botchelism.(sp?)Also, be careful with bathing. Labs rarely need to be bathed. I am not sure what breeds you have fostered, but my experience with labs and puppy pads isn't good. They usually tear them up all over the house! Also, I didn't want to let my puppy think it's ok to pee in the house, pad or not. It can confuse the puppy, so I don't recommend them. While your baby is teeny, you can get away with some of the toys and such in these packages. As they grow, these would be destroyed in minutes, or less. My Sophie can destroy a tennis ball in under 5 minutes! Stuffies last only seconds. She can destroy even the Dogzilla toys. The crate has the divider which is good. Sophie would tear up the bed. She wouldn't have when she was really little, but as she grew she would. I agree with Tanya. There is nothing in the 3rd one that I would use. I know you will enjoy your puppy and have many years of love! Have you raised a lab before? Where are you located?
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

you name it ive fostered it, labs, lab/pit mixes, pits, pit/rottie, german shepherds, collie mixes, golden retriever mixes.

when i use the pads the puppy doesnt have a chance to rip up the pad. usually the puppy is kept in room with me and i have a timer set and every time the timer goes off i put puppy on puppy pad, if puppy uses puppy pad i give a treat and praise usually by 2nd week puppy has gotten idea and willingly walks over and whines to go into potty area then on 3rd week the puppy pad is moved and staked outdoors in the spot i want the puppy to use outside it takes a while but eventually the puppy will go to door to be let out.

as for treats i normally do not give raw hide treats those will go to my grandma to put in her cockatoos cage as he loves the darn things. i'm probably not getting the 3rd thing i went to walmart and bought toys and a collar last night and purina puppy chow.