Hello!

Thread: Hello!

jnmurphy312 is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello!

Hello all! I am happy to have found this forum and expect to get a lot of useful information from it! I grew up with labs and now that i'm a "grown up" have one of my own with my husband. She is 8 months old and her name is Ella. For the most part, she is a good dog but like any lab puppy she is full of energy and sometimes it's impossible to tire her! The past two months have been very hard on us (and especially on her)- she was limping after heavy exercise and after a series of tests/xrays it was determined she has a torn cruciate ligament in her left knee. She is having surgery to repair it on Wednesday. We have had to keep her on a strict walk-to-go-potty-only regimen and although the next several weeks are going to be rough with her recovery, I am more than ready to have my pup able to walk/run/play again! Thanks for listening

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear about Ella's troubles. I have a chocolate too and she will be 8 months on the 13th. I hear of the torn ligaments so often and I worry about Sophie. She is so rambunctious!! I am thinking I should get some pet insurance. Those surgeries are spendy. Maybe I'll post on here and ask others if they have it. Again, welcome!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

jnmurphy312 is offline Junior Member

Thanks, Pam! Your Sophie looks a lot like my Ella. Ella's birthday is 4/17/11 so it looks like our pups are only 4 days apart! It is costing us ~2,000 but it will be worth it- it makes me so sad that I can't take her on walks or runs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Sorry to hear about Ella There are a few on here that have had pups with a torn ACL which if Im thinking right is mainly the same think Ella has so maybe they can help out and give you some tips about the "bed rest" after surgery.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

morla is offline Senior Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here!
    SIMON