Meet Quincy our new choc pup!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Quincy our new choc pup!

porkpistol is offline Member

DefaultMeet Quincy our new choc pup!

Hey all, just picked up this big boy today he was born 11-11-11...We named him Quincy. I have another pup that is nearing 2 years old she is a apbt named Bella. We wanted to give her a friend and I have always wanted a lab. First dog I have ever bought from a breeder got to meet his parents dad was a big dog weighed in about 90lbs momma was 75lbs. He is chocolate (photo is kind of dark) this is on our ride home. He weighs 17lbs right now, I will be putting him on TOTW high prairie formula which is what my Bella eats. I believe in high quality foods for my dog and Quincy will be no different. Any tips on a new puppy with a resident dog would be appreciated.

One question I had is do you think Quincy will pick up on going out to potty quicker if I take him out when Bella goes out and he watches her?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

11-11-11??? He'd only be a week old! LOL! He is a handsome fellow! We now have Sophie on TOTW Pacific Stream. The breeder had her on some food with grain, and she gradually showed allergy to it. We think the food is great and Sophie does wonderfully on it. You can take Quincy out with Bella, but he will need to go out a lot more often. Puppies need to go out everytime they wake up from a nap, eat, or play vigorously. I was told a rule of thumb is that they can go 30 minutes for each month they are old, in between potty breaks. Good thoughts to you and your furry kids!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

He's cute. There's no way he was born on 11-11-11, though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome to you and your new puppy and Bella. He is a cutie!

deidra is offline Senior Member

He is a cutie! Do you mean 10-11-11? We do need more pics though because one is a tease,lol.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

sorry everyone he was born 9/11/11 hes almost 9 weeks. Breeder had him on large breed purina puppy chow. I feed bella totw high prairie and I'm reading on the forums the calcium levels are probably to high for the new pup, a lot of these are older topics should I be concerned about that I fed this to bella since she was a 8 week pup, she had no growth issues.

Also I know Quincy needs to go out a lot more than Bella I just thought maybe it would help to see her doing it as well...hell i've had him out 5 million times since we have been home for 3 hours because i made the mistake of letting him have a bunch of water he drank it like he never had it before...ill get more pics up tomorrow probably to busy trying to keep him from peeing indoors lol

morla is offline Senior Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here! Cute dog!
    SIMON

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

We have had Sophie on TOTW since she was 4 months. I have heard some say they had concerns about the protein, or even the calcium. Our vet said it is fine. TOTW has recently come out with a puppy formula. We have been feeding the all life stage formula. The puppy formula, being new, isn't on dogfood advisor's reviews yet. I would think it is good food, their others are great!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Thanks for the info I guess I'll just go ahead and continue to feed them both the same food makes things a whole lot easier for sure!

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

Hi! Quincy is so cute and I love the name! My labs are 2 and 9 months. We took Paisley out more often than Duke at first but now they go out the same time. If one of the stands by the door though we take them out then as well, otherwise we just randomly let them out to try and go potty. I feed TOTW High Prairie as well. My dogs love the taste. I was going to feed Pacific Stream too but I've heard the fish is not good for dogs under 12 months, so I will stick with this formula until Paisley is at least a year. It's a great food though, I agree! Good luck with Quincy!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast